Frequent Contributor

Re: WHAT'S CHANGED...ME OR WHAT QVC OFFERS??

I am right there with you. I find that their shipping has gotten outrageous. It seem that for many items I like, the shipping is 20 or close to 30 percent of the price. Polyester tops approaching 50 dollars and up aren't in my budget right now, and so even if I see the occasional one I like, I pass. They never seem to have a true sale, and EZ Pay is just a trap to have more monthly bills.

Trusted Contributor

I think the Q is now giving guidelines to the designers. Lines like Motto that were more fitted, figure flattering, affordable and modern, are now gone. We now have an onslaught of polyester long shapeless tunics and stretchy pants. I'm also tired of all the ridiculous chatter and facebook talk. I don't really care what your favorite breakfast cereal was when you were 8 years old. Home items and make-up I can get for way less $$ at other retailers.

Regular Contributor

The cost of shipping has gone up. I never liked the Susan Graver line, her designs & silky knit not for me. Her prices are crazy & she cannot shut up for a second. LOGO is another one, come on 67.50 + $6.47 shipping $73.97 before tax added on for a striped jacquard with lace hem shirt that looks like a clown shirt or PJ's. Most of the shows have the same stuff with a few new things here & there. I for one am shopping less
Regular Contributor

I agree with you 100%. Susan has priced me out. I watched part of 1 show the other day and the top they were showing sold out.

Was surprised when I went on line and saw that same top for sale. On Davids show I saw the same thing happen on an item he was selling. Is this the norm or Q?

Not buying this year. Just reading the threads.

Super Contributor

I also have been buying less from QVC and yes it is the prices..

I can't afford their jewelry or handbags..and also I only

bought 2 things the whole month of December into January..

A SG purple coat with hood..and a really nice red shaker knit

sweater by D&Co which I just love. (It has long sleeves)

Regular Contributor

I saw the same things with other items. On air they said sold out, yet when you check on line it is still available. Wonder what is up with that!
On 1/20/2015 ShopperAZ said:

I agree with you 100%. Susan has priced me out. I watched part of 1 show the other day and the top they were showing sold out.

Was surprised when I went on line and saw that same top for sale. On Davids show I saw the same thing happen on an item he was selling. Is this the norm or Q?

Not buying this year. Just reading the threads.

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2015 GoodStuff said:

It's interesting that quite a few QVC old-timers comment here that they're buying and watching less, yet QVC's business model seems to be doing quite well overall. I don't buy a lot here and am extremely put off by the limited range of fashion brands and what I consider extremely high shipping and handling costs. It's clear, however, that many shoppers still respond to TV shopping's unique "social engagement" aspect, where a personable and convincing host becomes a familiar and friendly part of your life, and where selling is a multimedia entertainment event. It's significant that shoppers can access QVC from many platforms now -- shop digitally on computer, tablet, or cell phone, by phone call, or watch TV presentations or scroll through merchandise via those same media. Interesting to see the market and shopping/sales methods evolving with new times and technology. Somebody's buying!

I'm not sure their model IS working all that well... Quarterly reports seem to make profits look rather marginal and in some cases, percentage wise, below the other two home shopping networks. When you consider that shipping appears to be used by QVC as a profit center and that electronic sales would appear to be somewhat stagnant, well, you have to wonder when they plan to take the field with their "A" game... All the platforms and technology in the world aren't going to be all that much use once they've fully saturated their market with the same ten brands they repeat constantly and once that same market has all the computers and blenders they can reasonably use or gift...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2015 chrystaltree said: I'm a 30 year Qvc veteran an I hear this over and over and over. Yet you ladies never say WHAT you want. You want "new", well what the heck does that mean? In the next sentence, you want the old QVC back. You can't have it both ways. I'm with you when it comes to watching less, I only watch QVC a few hours a week and only specific shows. I once watched a few hours a day. The tv programming has lost it's charm for me. I dont blame QVC for that. I don't mindlessly watch shopping channels anymore. Plus, QVC.com is amazing. I can find everything and anything I want, anytime of day. So, I shop, a lot. But I do not expect that QVC or any retailer will or should meet all my needs. Why moan, groan, complain ad nauseum? It's just a retailer and if QVC isn't working for you now, stop watching and go shop elsewhere. There are still other places to shop. I just don't get it.

As noted, to be sure some of the dissatisfaction is about changes in our habits and familiarity with the home shopping premise, but surely not all of it... What I want is more variety, as used to be the case, and for them to put some of the fun factor back in home shopping. They seem to have lost both concepts along the way.

There's a lot more 'that sells' than just electronics, kitchen appliances and make-up. Otherwise, there'd be an awful lot of stores out there with noting on their shelves. It would be nice if QVC found some of those other items and brands that seem to sell pretty well too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I totally agree with you. I bought a total of 6 things from the Q in 2014. I did in prior years shopped from QVC and no one else.

I think the Clark shoes have increased in price. So I haven't bought anymore Clark's. I think the TSV of Demin & Co was over priced for the sweatpants that they look like.

The old QVC execs have went to ShopHQ, maybe they will offer what I like and in the format I like.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't bought clothes, shoes for a time now, b/c the sizes in both shoes and clothes are erratic and nothing fits anymore causing costly returns. The Q's supposedly stringent quality control is really slipping. I haven't gained weight or changed size, not in clothes or shoe size. The size quality is poor, even with Susan Graver with too big waists not to size. Also, Denim & Co. has just changed styles to where everything is big & boxy, and Susan has just gone wild with all that elaborate embellishment and rouching and liquid knit.

I recently bought the Body Blade, which I LOVE AND the Perfector, which I also love. Both items were over $l0. S&H. But everything I buy recently is just hit & miss.