Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT? NO AM STYLE CHAT.....

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

Good morning........rain here in NW Ohio.  Gloomy and drab.  High wind warnings, 25-35 mph w/gusts over 50.  Hope power stays on.

I do like the outdoor/gardening days on the Q even tho I hardly ever buy anything.  Just dream Smiley Happy

Going to do some laundry and then not much else.  Watch TV and work on my counted x stitch.  Maybe I'll make some brownies........ I put them in the freezer, but I know they're there! Smiley Happy  Sooooooo anxious for warm, sunny days!

I love finding out where everyone lives, especially when it's someplace I'm familiar with. Let me guess. NW Ohio...Cleveland burbs? Elyria? Toledo? Independence? Do tell

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon style sisters!

I looked at the program guide yesterday & saw there'd be no AM Style today.  : (

I was writing on my current novel until 2:30am & didn't get out of bed this morning until 10am. I sometimes get my days & nights mixed up when I'm on a writing roll. Oops. I have a lot of work to do on this one.

It's 42 degrees, raining, & windy in E PA.

I was thinking of putting an indoor/outdoor rug in my basement, but not yet. I'm going to put wood vinyl down sometime later this spring and thought a rug might make it more "homey."

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I can relate to your light bulb change. When this house was built last year, the builder put in all incandescent bulbs.

I wanted to put in some different light fixtures (& take out some of the builder's fixture pkge.), so in May I had the electrician change out some fixtures & replace all the incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. The chandelier over the dining table is the only fixture with LED bulbs that look a little "off" to me.

They're candelabra bulbs at a higher wattage than the candelabra bulbs I used in another place, & have a white/blue cast. I guess I don't really care.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought these Isaac pants this week. They were a One Time Only price at $36, but they are at a $39 Clearance price today.

They a good neutral color for me in spring. I can wear the ivory lace top from last week with a black or tan cami under it with the pants.

image.png

@Bird mama  With our cold, wet weather today, the nice cozy things you bought at JCP would make more sense for me.

Honored Contributor

Yep @fairydogmother  I'm at the base of the thumb north of Detroit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I learned about my eye's reaction and my brains's perception of color temperature @Desert Lily 

Lumens is brightness (used to be wattage). Kelvins is the color temp (used to be extra soft, soft, bright and daylight).

If you are going to go above 2,700 kelvins, consider the amount of natural light in the room, location of the light fixture/lamp, color of light/lamp shade and overall color of walls and decor.

I tried 800 lumens (60 W equivalent) in warm 2,700 and bright 3,000.    My thinking being what could 300 more kelvins do?  Brother did I ever find out. 

In my experience warm 2,7000 kelvins is universal.  The bulb disperses light more and glows. 

The bright 3,000 kelvins is fussy.  The bulb didn't disperse the light as much as the warm.  The light was crisp and not glowing.  Actually the bright looked dimmer than the warm to me. 

I like white bulbs not clear bulbs - I don't wanna see the guts of a bulb. 

I only bought 1 4 pk of the 3,000K bright bulbs and used 2 of them on fixtures that aren't all on of the time light the basement stair light fixture and the ceiling light above the kitchen door that leads to the attached garage.  I have a yard light and can use the other 2 3,000K bulbs in that thing.

I want to replace the decorative 25 W globe with candelabra base and the 25 W bent tip with medium base.  Still not finding new bulbs that move me.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Pretty pants and I love the color you chose.

Honored Contributor

Is Campanelli going the way of the dinosaur at the Q?  I wanted to get some new microfiber/scouring pads (or as I call them scrubber doodies, lol) and the Campanelli selection is grim.

Any recommendations for scouring/microfiber pads.  I need a scouring pad that will work good on soap scum.  Don't want brillo pads or the like.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  What about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?