Esteemed Contributor
Shoptheq & others, I don't have a cell phone so I don't text. PLEASE add me to the nordo planet. We still have a land line, an old computer & avoid self check out lines. We did buy a 2015 Suburu Forester in November. We love it but we are still playing around with a few of the fun options. Heated seats are the best thing though
Valued Contributor

LOFLMAO

Thanks for leading me out of ""the darkside"" !!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/3/2015 VCamp2748 said:
On 2/3/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 2/3/2015 VCamp2748 said:
On 2/3/2015 shoptheQ said:

Qualifications for living on the planet Nordo: don't own (can't afford) a smart phone - still have a land line; refuse to upgrade computer to latest "word" program because it is beyond understanding; would not be able to operate a 2015 automobile due to all the high tech devices (I drive a 2009 honda and you have to use a key to unlock trunk and doors) and avoid self check-out lines because they always tell me to take additional items out of cart when I don't have any additional items !

Anyone care to add why you feel you belong on the planet Nordo ????

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Ummm, sometimes I still write checks. Yes! Now I've said it. Whew! Feel better already.

Ditto to all of the above! And I still don't know what LOFLMAO is ?? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I had to Google it - laying on the floor laughing my a** off

nice, huh?

Thank you! I wouldn't have thought to google it, but that shows you what I know!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I did think of going to the Urban Dictionary, but I thought that was just for "old words with NEW meanings"! There is this website - it helps with people like me who are "out of the loop" - wonder if that would be OOTL??? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/internetglossary/a/glossary-of-internet-jargon-and-abbreviations...

Respected Contributor
On 2/3/2015 twinny2 said: Shoptheq & others, I don't have a cell phone so I don't text. PLEASE add me to the nordo planet. We still have a land line, an old computer & avoid self check out lines. We did buy a 2015 Suburu Forester in November. We love it but we are still playing around with a few of the fun options. Heated seats are the best thing though

Sure, the more Nordos, the better, even if you do have warm butts

Trusted Contributor

I do work on computers all day every day for the last 25 years, so I can't claim technology ignorance, but I really do shun a lot of the "newfangled" stuff at home. I got my first home computer 4 years ago (my DH pressured me into in because he hating sharing his), I just got my first tablet as a gift for Christmas this past year, and no smart phone for me!

And I still drive a manual transmission car after 30 years. Manual transmissions are harder and harder to come by. It'll be a sad day for me when I have to buy my first automatic transmission vehicle! Smile My father affectionately calls my car the Fred Flintstone-mobile.

I will say most of my non-grocery shopping is done online. And I take full advantage of auto-ships and subscribe and saves from amazon and drugstore dot com. Hope this doesn't get me kicked out of Nordo!

Valued Contributor

I'm so OOTL !! Nordo Notes - I can offer my dry erase board where I post messages to myself.

Esteemed Contributor
What does ITE mean? I am also OOTL.
Esteemed Contributor
I forgot to tell you that I got my first Tablet at Christmas a year ago from our DD & DSIL. I can even down load books from home.
Respected Contributor
On 2/3/2015 kjohnson said:

I do work on computers all day every day for the last 25 years, so I can't claim technology ignorance, but I really do shun a lot of the "newfangled" stuff at home. I got my first home computer 4 years ago (my DH pressured me into in because he hating sharing his), I just got my first tablet as a gift for Christmas this past year, and no smart phone for me!

And I still drive a manual transmission car after 30 years. Manual transmissions are harder and harder to come by. It'll be a sad day for me when I have to buy my first automatic transmission vehicle! Smile My father affectionately calls my car the Fred Flintstone-mobile.

I will say most of my non-grocery shopping is done online. And I take full advantage of auto-ships and subscribe and saves from amazon and drugstore dot com. Hope this doesn't get me kicked out of Nordo!

LOL!

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/3/2015 twinny2 said: What does ITE mean? I am also OOTL.

BTHOM!