Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT 2019 STYLES SHOULD GO AWAY?

@cherry wrote:

None. If I don't like something I don't buy it. I don't try to deny others of things thay like. Why do that? They should be able to wear what they choose

@cherry, so true. I'll add that calling any type of commonly worn fashion ugly or tacky is ugly and tacky itself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  I am sure in our lifetime we have all worn a tacky garment or two ,according to some peoples opinions

Happy Holidays everyone. I am taking a break from the kitchen for a few minutes..must head back or we will be eating burnt offerings

Honored Contributor

bell sleeves

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I don't care what goes away as long as I can buy what I like. LOL!

Trusted Contributor

There are plenty of styles that I don't like; or, in my opinion don't look good on me.

However, other people like them and/or pull off looks that I can't.

I am pretty sure a number of people would not be overly impressed by my wardrobe; but - my choice. 

Sort of, a freedom of clothing expression. 

Now - as this is a fashion forum, I am reserving the right to comment on fashions.  Hopefully I can so in a way as to not insult the wearer. 

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

I wish that this decade's instagram look of hoochie mama skin tight clothes to match their duck lips would go away!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't want anything to go away.  There are styles and trends that I don't like but someone does, I don't want to deprive other women of the styles they like.  I wear what I want to wear and I don't pay much attention to what I don't like.  Although!  Sometimes I like seeing a woman who is fabulously dressed in something I could or would never wear. 

I would not like to see any of it go away.  I wear what looks good on me.  I have seen women who look fantastic in things that would not look good on me.  Maybe a style that I may think is stupid would look fantastic on someone else.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  Forgive my ignorance, but what is a cocker spaniel hairstyle in women?

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Desertdi  Forgive my ignorance, but what is a cocker spaniel hairstyle in women?

@Krimpette    Flat on top.......long, shaggy over the ears

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Different styles for different folks -- many I like but others don't.  Nice that we have a choice.  However, if I live to be 100, I will never understand why anyone would wear ripped and frayed hem jeans in public.  On purpose.  To each her own.

I've never heard of cocker spaniel hair either -- thanks for that!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt