Trusted Contributor

Re: WEBBIE, THANK YOU FOR CLOSING DOWN

Magic moods, Yes I know the difference between a question and accusation. Yours was not a question. You said ' OP are reporting my posts as inappropriate'. That sounds like an accusation to me.
Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 luvtoshopathome said: The thread entitled 'SHAWN'S TRIBUTE TO LISA'. Why when something and so heartwarming and thankful written by Shawn about Lisa turns into hatred and mean remarks. I just don't get the hatred for Lisa, especially when you see how much she is loved by the people and vendors who know her. What does that tell you? You posters who always have nasty and vile things to say about lisa should all be ashamed of yourselves because not one of you know her personally. How do you find it appropriate to express your hatred for someone you don't personally know. You hate because she wears too much makeup, always wears black, she has extensions, uses too much self tanner and the list goes on and on and it just keeps getting worse. WHY is it anyone's business but her own what she wants to do? It's such a shame that 'grown women' could even post such vile, mean and disrespectful posts. Is this what we are teaching the children today? If these kind of posts come from supposed grown women, I feel sorry for all of you that have such hatred inside of yourselves. i don't think you would be very happy if these things were written or said about you. Just remember, we are all human and we all have feelings, but the meanness continues for Lisa and now it's being passed onto Shawn, who just wanted to publicly thank her good friend for all she has done for her, which was very much appreciated by many who read it. And I don't want to hear that I'm a Lisa lover because I defend her. I call it as I see it and from what I've seen, I think she's a remarkable woman who has accomplished so much and is a wonderful host. I've watched her since she started and I enjoy her presentations and how gracious and kind she is to everyone she works with and how much she is liked by them. So that should tell you something about who she really is inside.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Magic: Amp and I both agreed with what you posted. We all got deleted. LOL Oh well.

For the record, I agree. I've seen it before. Quite a bit.

I think the OP's post is a little dramatic.

Super Contributor

I read the post and thought it was a lovely way for Shaun to express her thanks and appreciation for the way that Lisa had helped her. I am glad it was posted.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/27/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 10/27/2014 luvtoshopathome said:

Ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. Please go to the thread and try to post something. It will tell you that the thread is closed to further comments.

That's not what I meant and you know it. I did not refer to that.

I did not comment further on the thread either. (I mean, I did not try).

Both positive and not so positive comments are on the thread.

However none of the comments on the thread, rise to what you say they are, in your OP in this thread.

Some of them are not positive but none are as you describe them to be.

If you went to look earlier you would have seen mean and nasty posts about both lisa and Shawn and they were then removed but I did read them earlier. And NO I did NOT report them. That is why I started this thread because of those mean posts. I also know that there were many positive ones from caring, classy posters. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

On 10/27/2014 luvtoshopathome said: The thread entitled 'SHAWN'S TRIBUTE TO LISA'. Why when something and so heartwarming and thankful written by Shawn about Lisa turns into hatred and mean remarks. I just don't get the hatred for Lisa, especially when you see how much she is loved by the people and vendors who know her. What does that tell you? You posters who always have nasty and vile things to say about lisa should all be ashamed of yourselves because not one of you know her personally. How do you find it appropriate to express your hatred for someone you don't personally know. You hate because she wears too much makeup, always wears black, she has extensions, uses too much self tanner and the list goes on and on and it just keeps getting worse. WHY is it anyone's business but her own what she wants to do? It's such a shame that 'grown women' could even post such vile, mean and disrespectful posts. Is this what we are teaching the children today? If these kind of posts come from supposed grown women, I feel sorry for all of you that have such hatred inside of yourselves. i don't think you would be very happy if these things were written or said about you. Just remember, we are all human and we all have feelings, but the meanness continues for Lisa and now it's being passed onto Shawn, who just wanted to publicly thank her good friend for all she has done for her, which was very much appreciated by many who read it. And I don't want to hear that I'm a Lisa lover because I defend her. I call it as I see it and from what I've seen, I think she's a remarkable woman who has accomplished so much and is a wonderful host. I've watched her since she started and I enjoy her presentations and how gracious and kind she is to everyone she works with and how much she is liked by them. So that should tell you something about who she really is inside.

What on earth these women could be so angry and vengeful about with Lisa Robertson is beyond me. The magnitude and the frequency that these posters dump their vitriol upon Lisa is pretty scary. I'll take Lisa out of the equation (I'm neutral and don't dislike or "like" her as I don't know her) and just say it's utterly shocking to see anyone treated as she is online. Wonder who the new target will be when Lisa departs? God help him or her.

Valued Contributor

On 10/27/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Magic: Amp and I both agreed with what you posted. We all got deleted. LOL Oh well.

For the record, I agree. I've seen it before. Quite a bit.

I think the OP's post is a little dramatic.

...ya think?????{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 GoodStuff said:

For some reason, attractive/charming/successful Shawn and Lisa bring out the ugly/meanspirited/losers on the boards en masse. I'd imagine neither of these ladies bothers much with any of the meanness. Just plain tiresome.

So, if someone disagrees with you, and doesn't find Shawn to be particularly charming or attractive, they are losers? Really? Someone could just as easily say that anyone who thinks Shawn is charming is a loser. Who's right? Neither. It's a matter of opinion. So your calling people names just because they don't hold your opinions doesn't make you any different.
Regular Contributor

On 10/27/2014 magicmoodz said:

OP, are reporting my posts as inappropriate? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Yes, yours mine and LD's too. Sad.

I'm sorry I didn't see all those posts. I only saw yours, Amp, saying "thank you". Since my contributions were not in violation of the Standards, I am confused. This is just one of many times my posts have been poofed for no valid reason. I believe it is time to contact TPTB at QVC to put a stop to this. If, in fact, they have hired a company to monitor this board, those employees need to adhere to the Standards as set forth by QVC.

Yes, it is a bit sad because NOTHING was in violation of standards that either me you or LD wrote at any time, that was poofed. It was deleted for no reason and that is sad.

It seems that if someone doesn't like an alternative opinion it just gets deleted, never mind that it is still communicated within standards. That is not right and not fair to all posters.

I am sorry to see the boards have become so one-sided. It isn't a good thing.

I am not advocating nastiness of any kind. But I am advocating the freedom of all posters to communicate their opinions and express themselves. And that isn't happening. There is a lot of squelching of opinions going on and that is just not right.

This is commercial forum run by a company and there is no "right" nor "freedom" to post anything - it's a privilege. From a marketing/PR perspective, I'm surprised they don't monitor more closely. If the forum content degrades and doesn't support its cost, they'll probably shut it down.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/27/2014 ChicagoHeather said:

OP, are reporting my posts as inappropriate? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Yes, yours mine and LD's too. Sad.

I'm sorry I didn't see all those posts. I only saw yours, Amp, saying "thank you". Since my contributions were not in violation of the Standards, I am confused. This is just one of many times my posts have been poofed for no valid reason. I believe it is time to contact TPTB at QVC to put a stop to this. If, in fact, they have hired a company to monitor this board, those employees need to adhere to the Standards as set forth by QVC.

Yes, it is a bit sad because NOTHING was in violation of standards that either me you or LD wrote at any time, that was poofed. It was deleted for no reason and that is sad.

It seems that if someone doesn't like an alternative opinion it just gets deleted, never mind that it is still communicated within standards. That is not right and not fair to all posters.

I am sorry to see the boards have become so one-sided. It isn't a good thing.

I am not advocating nastiness of any kind. But I am advocating the freedom of all posters to communicate their opinions and express themselves. And that isn't happening. There is a lot of squelching of opinions going on and that is just not right.

This is commercial forum run by a company and there is no "right" nor "freedom" to post anything - it's a privilege. From a marketing/PR perspective, I'm surprised they don't monitor more closely. If the forum content degrades and doesn't support its cost, they'll probably shut it down.

Perhaps there is no need for Standards, then?