Honored Contributor

In the last few months, I've returned several tops from Halston and Isaac. Although it was stated they were tunic length, it was also said by host and/or vendor that it's also fine for petites. 

Well, they practically came to my knees!!! Just tell the truth and sell less tops, but save me the time, trouble and shipping costs.

The Q fashions make sizes available for 1X, 2X and 3X. Petites deserve the same consideration. 

I feel like standing up on a clothing factory table with a sign  like Norma Rae!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: WE PETITES NEED RECOGNITION

How about talls also......

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  All you have to do is measure something from your closet that is the perfect length then vow to not be tempted by anything longer, unless you like to sew.  Do you know you can find the length for your size by going to the "click here" measurements at the bottom of the text of the item description?  I believe it's measured from the high point of the shoulder. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have to watch my lengths, too.  What I do to minimize my frustration is to either check online to see what the length is or ask the order entry operator what the length is for my size.

(Loved Norma Rae)

Super Contributor

@Shanus,

You may want to save yourself time, money, and aggrevation by measuring the lenght of a top that you like at home, and comparing it to a Q item that you are considering by clicking the "click here"  that is available for every top.  The lenght is given, saving you having to return the item because it is too long, and not relying on a vendor's opinion.  Happy Shopping!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Totally agree with your post!  Good grief!  I always order the petites and have decided I'm tired of heming them.

I got Isaac's jeans and had to fold over the cuffs til they came almost to my knees.  Now I'm 5'4"....it's not like I'm 4 feet tall!

Also the sleeves on everything are so long they (folded up come to my (almost) elbow!

Who in the name of Heaven has arms that long?  It's terrible!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus  All you have to do is measure something from your closet that is the perfect length then vow to not be tempted by anything longer, unless you like to sew.  Do you know you can find the length for your size by going to the "click here" measurements at the bottom of the text of the item description?  I believe it's measured from the high point of the shoulder. 

@Kachina624  Yes. I've measured and tried to go by how the shorter models look. Sometimes if Amy (about my height & size) is wearing the garment, I assume I can wear it as well. Then I realized that Amy and some petite models are wearing 4" heels which throw all proportions off. Since the "tunic" became the it thing, I haven't been able to find many sweaters or blouses that weren't too long. Many designers in dept. stores have eliminated their petite lines.

Back to the B&M stores where I can try on clothing.  

Honored Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I have to watch my lengths, too.  What I do to minimize my frustration is to either check online to see what the length is or ask the order entry operator what the length is for my size.

(Loved Norma Rae)

@susan kay  Re: Norma Rae. While I was typing, I was getting more & more steamed and then I remembered Sally Field standing on that table. BTW, she's 5'2"... also petite!!!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Shanus Totally agree with your post!  Good grief!  I always order the petites and have decided I'm tired of heming them.

I got Isaac's jeans and had to fold over the cuffs til they came almost to my knees.  Now I'm 5'4"....it's not like I'm 4 feet tall!

Also the sleeves on everything are so long they (folded up come to my (almost) elbow!

Who in the name of Heaven has arms that long?  It's terrible!

@Annabellethecat66  I can feel your pain. Rolled hems and rolled cuffs or $40 at the tailor for a pr. of $50 jeans!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I  am petite and do not shop for clothing on the Q. They will say anything to sell. Just remember, petite clothing has very specific measurements for women under 5'4". Most department stores sell petites. You can shop online. I am a big fan of Macy's. 

I like to try on my clothing. I shop online for stores that are close to my home. If I don't like it, I can return with no fees. Also, I receive free shipping and handling. I think you just need to understand that shopping channels need a big profit and cater to the average women.