Honored Contributor

Re: Vocabulary for show hosts to eliminate in 2020

crisp white

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

If Isaac stopped saying "like" every second word, he'd have nothing to say. That might not be a bad thing.
Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:
If Isaac stopped saying "like" every second word, he'd have nothing to say. That might not be a bad thing.

Darling, Like I must say like, because it's soo chic, ya know?

Respected Contributor

Some of you must be watching too much QVC.  LOL.  I haven't heard most of these phrases, but if you tune in for that long to watch sales hype, why complain about sales hype?  Of course, a lot of these sound like clothing presentations, which I never watch.  Not buying clothes or shoes.  Not a good value.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS forgot about that one, Darling!!!  

Respected Contributor

If the phrasing is part of their personality, I'm ok with it (usually). It's when the phrases get adopted by multiple hosts that it starts to sound as if they are clones. They are reduced to borrowing because they can't come up with something original to say. I like a genuine personality to shine through rather than reciting like robots. That's what made me stop watching IT cosmetics shows--the scripted, robotic sales pitch.

Frequent Contributor

The phrase that drives me insane is "YOU CAN SLEEP IN IT!" when showing clothing.  Also, saying "I love it" does not describe the item.

Occasional Contributor

Love all the comments on this issue.... did anyone add "you will live in this".  Apparently the host/guest "live" in each and every outfit they sell!!

Laughed out loud at so many posts here, I thought it was just me that was annoyed but dumb use of English.  Thanks all!

Super Contributor

Can we PLEASE get rid of the Happy Dance"?  Brah, you look like a fool!