Valued Contributor

Re: Vionic Orthaheel - Is anyone having a problem with their knees/legs?

Thank you for the information. This happened last September and I'm still dealing with a knee that hurts, keeps forming fluid, and I definitely can't get down on my knees. This really does interfere with exercise, housework etc etc. There is very little arthritis in my knee, that is not the problem, torn meniscus and might have to have surgery. I'm 71 and wish I had known about that surgery years ago. Haven't worn a dress - ever.

And I have those same problems with my knees with Birkenstocks, but never with Vionics. Now I have a really really high arch, and the Vionics don't push on my arch at all because they barely touch it, actually. I find Vionics very comfy.

Esteemed Contributor

I have feet with a high arch and developed plantar fasciitis a few years ago. Got rid of the PF by wearing Vionic sandals exclusively. Now I try to wear mostly shoes with a lot of arch support and when I don't, I pay the price. The other day I was on my feet a lot wearing  pair of Clarks flats. By evening, my plantar fasciitis was hurting for the first time in ages. I put on a pair of vionics and had instant relief from the heel pain. So for me, Vionics have been a Godsend. But I don't have bowed knees or some of the other problems mentioned in this thread. If I did, I wouldn't be wearing vionics - I'd look for another type of shoe probably. For what it's worth, my friend's ortho dr. has Vionic Tide sandals for sale in the physical therapy area. But I assume that they recommend them only to the patients who can benefit from this type of shoe. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

When I was a young woman a very wise woman told me to change the type of shoe I wore daily. She told me my feet would thank me when I got older. I have done that and now that I am pushing 80 I have no problems with my feet, knees, or back. I own over 20 pairs of Vionics including 2 pairs of their tennis shoes but never wear them two days in a row. Even with all the traveling I have done, I packed at least 3 different walking shoes. Maybe it is just good genes or maybe that advice is correct, I dunno, but I'll keep doing it as long as I can.  Heart

I have had 2 ER visits and am convinced its d/t these shoes, Vionics. Had bakers cyst, am.on crutches. First time both legs. Second time,
ER,heel,couldnt walk, gave muscle relaxers. Last nighy er had fluid extracted, xrays and bakers cyst and huge steroid injection. Still on crutches has to be the VIONICS.
Esteemed Contributor

They hurt my feet and legs terribly.  I have a bad knee, but they hurt farther down.