Honored Contributor

Re: Viola Davis and Helen Mirren

How beautiful!

Love what they're wearing!  Especially Helen's shoes!

Esteemed Contributor

From L'oreal's website:

"Our consumers’ health and safety have always been an absolute priority for L’Oréal. As is the support of animal welfare. L'Oréal does not test any of its products or any of its ingredients on animals and has been at the forefront of alternative methods for over 30 years.
L’Oréal has developed a very rigorous safety evaluation procedure of its products, backed by Research.
Well before the question of animal testing was raised by civil society or within a regulatory framework, L’Oréal has been committed to new methods of assessing safety that don’t involve animals.
A true pioneer, L'Oréal has been reconstructing human skin models in laboratories to elaborate in vitro safety tests since 1979, as an alternative to animals. Since then, L'Oréal has an Episkin center in Lyon (France) and Shanghai (China) where reconstructed skins are produced.
In addition to skin models, L'Oréal has a large number of non-animal predictive assessment tools, such as molecular modeling, expert toxicology systems, imaging techniques and many more.
In 1989, L’Oréal completely ceased testing its products on animals, 14 years before it was required by regulation. Today, L'Oréal no longer tests its ingredients on animals and strictly follows this global policy.

Certain health authorities may nevertheless decide to conduct animal tests themselves for certain cosmetic products, as it is still the case in China. L’Oréal has been one of the most active companies working alongside the Chinese authorities and scientists for over 10 years to have alternative testing methods recognized, and permit the cosmetic regulation to evolve towards a total and definite elimination of animal testing. Thanks to this, since 2014, certain products manufactured and sold in China like shampoo, body wash or certain make-up products are no longer tested on animals."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

They both look so beautiful and vibrant.

Whoever Helen Mirren has as a stylist is spot on every single time.  Really knows how to dress her and yet at every event she is wearing something completely different.  Never wears the same old style over n over. 

I don't think these ladies have ever looked better!! 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I would rather see UNshopped photo's.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Two beautiful,smart,classy,talented ladies!!  Bravo!! 💐

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I would rather see UNshopped photo's.

I would rather see a hopping bunny.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs   You are correct.  No bunny, No money (thanks to another poster).  You can't always believe the PR published by the company.  They know it is bad press to inflict violence/cruelty.  We need to do the research, not the company's misleading PR.

Check the PETA list for companies that practice nonviolence.

"L’Oreal has been included on PETA’s list of companies that test on animals for many years because it refused to adopt a company-wide policy against tests on animals for both its ingredients and finished products, and because it sells cosmetics products in China that are required by law to be tested on animals by government agencies. In order to be listed as “cruelty-free” with PETA (and be included on our list of companies that do not test on animals) a company must agree that it does not and will not conduct, commission pay for, or allow tests on animals for any of their ingredients, formulations, and products, anywhere in the world."

L'Oreal USA Warning! This company DOES test on animals.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info, @phoenixbrd .  If other companies can not test, why can't they all?  If they would take a stand with China, that would be a strong voice and I would bet a lot of impact to make a change.  Right now with China's problems, maybe they could catch them in a weak moment of time and get them to stop......Woman IndifferentWoman Frustrated.

We can only hope and pray for that day.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Wow....both ladies are very beautiful, and I love the gorgeous dresses.