Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I know how you feel.  Every time I clean out and purge some of my sweaters, I keep the white Ralph Lauren cardigan with a round scoop neck and 3/4" sleeves.  I can't even remember how many years that I have had it, but it always ends up in the "save" pile. 

@CAcableGirl2  - I love the 3/4 cardi look with a matching shell.  I'd so wear it to work!  I say keep it.... Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@IShopQ wrote:

I moved some transitional things into my closet and drawers today, trying things on, putting some in a donation pile.  This twin set has made the cut for at least 15 years now and I get bored with things easily!

It just came out of the washer and dryer looking brand new.  It doesn’t have any tags on it anymore but I think it was from the old Dialogue line.  With all the mauve colors the last couple of seasons, I have even acquired flats that match.  Sometimes when the hosts say “you’ll wear it forever” they are not far off.  😀

9E6E53E4-3BEB-43CA-9F40-C4D590E7328B.jpeg

@IShopQ  - love this cardi and matching shell.  I'd wear this to work with khaki or beige pants and cute flats.

Honored Contributor

Match the pink/salmon in a collared blouse/shirt?

I have a floral cardigan like yours & belted the blouse

(read: untuck) and opened over slim pants/skirt/jeans.

Respected Contributor

Every Christmas season I get out my long red velvet robe and the matching nightgown with all the lace on it (purchased special for Christmas). I only wear it during the week of Christmas/New Years and I have for.....the last 20+ years! It still looks brand new (after many washings) and DH always says "you look so pretty in that". I wait to wear it for that week every year and that makes it special "vintage" to me.It's perfect.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@IShopQ 

Have you tried wearing the cardigan on its own but backwards?

@Andreatoo 

I just ran to my closet to try on my floral cardigan backwards.  WOO HOO, it looks so good!  Don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that, but THANKS for the suggestion to @IShopQ 

And @IShopQ, I think your sweater would look great with a pair of jeans. 

Honored Contributor

Ooo-ooo, @IShopQ , along with turning my cardigan around, I just remembered I have a pair of plum sling back heels, and my sweater is all blues and plums on a cream background.  The shoes look great with it!

THANKS for the idea!

Respected Contributor

Very cute set, I really like that.  Smiley Happy   @IShopQ 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Somebody here said they do that regularly with their traditional button-up cardigans. I think it's a great idea! Unfortunately it doesn't work with the ones that I have but I do button them up and wear them alone

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm going to try that with a button up cardigan. But I can just imagine people thinking I put my sweater on backwards unintentionally. These days the way some people are they'd tell me too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"