Super Contributor
On 9/18/2014 sunshine45 said:

i dont know the item numbers, but probably some silk scarves from bob mackie......one has summery cocktails on it, one has piano keys, and one has "ladies of the decades" (lol these are the ones i remember off hand).....i think they just may be close to around 20 years old. i really miss his oblong and square silk scarves!

( i still have some KOOS pieces, including that velvet reversible jacket that mary talked about.)

i used to love mary mcfadden, david dart, caroline simonelli, koos, victor costa).

Oh, yes! I have the Bob Mackie Pasta scarf, I love that one, and another scarf of wildlife which is simply beautiful. He had beautiful silk scarves. Too bad the QVC buyers are so short sighted.

Super Contributor
I have a tunic from the Du Jour line which I still wear. I loved Du Jour and was upset when they discontinued it! I also have a few Centigrade Puffer Coats which are the warmest coats I own...I used to buy them in multiples (no joke lol) because they were that good and so inexpensive. I'm on my last two...to my great dismay lol!! My Precious Fiber Wrap/Scarf is another of my favorite pieces...I bought one for my Mom as well..honestly, if I had known they were discontinuing the line, I would have bought a few more of those too lol!!!
Esteemed Contributor

A Precious Fibers black turtleneck and two Urban Wool Turtlenecks (one hunter green, one black). All three pieces are 20 years old. The matching knit skirt and slim pants for the Urban Wool sweaters lasted over ten. but they had elastic waistbands, and it was those waistbands losing their ability to hold that finally sent those pieces to a fashion graveyard.

Regular Contributor
Oh my gosh..I forgot the DVF pieces! I have three silk big shirts and you're right...beautiful material and still classic. They go back to the 90s! One is a deep red and has an Asian symbol embroidered on the back...I remember Diane explained the meaning during the presentation but I've forgotten it now. I know I wore it to the theater with a black silk skirt on our 25th wedding anniversary trip and two women sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and complimented me on it. My son and DIL will have to get rid of it after I'm gone because I'll never put that in the Good Will bag. :-)
Trusted Contributor
Precious Fibers cashmere! I miss that line so much! Glad I've been able to keep a few cardigans and a black and a maroon scarf/wrap away from the moths!
Esteemed Contributor

I can say what is the oldest thing in my closet, but it's not something I wear. I have one of the first "shells" and matching skirt that Susan Graver presented when she came on QVC. It's still in just as good a shape as it was the day I got it around 24 years ago. It's sort of a watercolor print with teal, purple, black, fuschia, and I think a lighter shade of teal. Truth be told, the way fashion is today, I could probably put it on and go out and no one would have a clue it's that old. I have several of her one-button jackets, pants and tank tops in the SG Sport fabric that she said felt like "sandwashed silk"..I could probably wear those as well if I really wanted to. I have them in lavender, navy, and black. Guess I need to donate them - I think they're still good enough and classic enough for someone to get some use out of.

Since I've been buying her clothes for so many years, I have no idea what is the oldest piece that I still wear. I do know that when she says some of them are indestructible, she's right!

Frequent Contributor
I have a pair of Donald Pliner animal print shoes ( actually they are more like slippers) that I bought at one of the earlier FFANY Shoes on Sale. Also I have a few Bob Mackie scarves.
Valued Contributor

Original Denim &Co. jeans fabulous wear them all the time..........................they do not make them like this . I am not thin, but they make me look 2 sizes smaller. Must be at least 10 yrs olds.

Honored Contributor

Just threw out some Koos tees. Even though I line dry all my work clothes, they're awfully short!

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple of the DVF silk blouses that I've kept all these years even though they're too small for me now. If and when I do lose enough weight to get into them again, I would totally wear them, still very classic I think.