Honored Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

I always was under the impression that VC was pricey and sold only in exclusive stores.  Since some other lines "dumb down" their QVC items as compared to their couture IIne, I wonder if Camuto does the same

I don’t think so with this brand. Many of the VC items that QVC is selling, I have found at Nordstrom, Macy’s, and the Vince Camuto site.

@homedecorator, some other lines do this, but not for the home shopping channels.  I found a pair of Steve Madden shoes at Belk I really liked but were too pricey for me.  Then I ran into the exact same design at Shoe Carnival only it was called Steve Madden Girl and was a lot cheaper.  The difference?  I couldn't really tell.  

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@homedecorator wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

I always was under the impression that VC was pricey and sold only in exclusive stores.  Since some other lines "dumb down" their QVC items as compared to their couture IIne, I wonder if Camuto does the same

I don’t think so with this brand. Many of the VC items that QVC is selling, I have found at Nordstrom, Macy’s, and the Vince Camuto site.

@homedecorator, some other lines do this, but not for the home shopping channels.  I found a pair of Steve Madden shoes at Belk I really liked but were too pricey for me.  Then I ran into the exact same design at Shoe Carnival only it was called Steve Madden Girl and was a lot cheaper.  The difference?  I couldn't really tell.  

@Icegoddess Oh yes, I know what you mean. I have seen that too. I’m not sure why they do that. Maybe to be stocked in a variety of stores?

Trusted Contributor

I had a couple of pairs of Nine West boots early on. They lasted forever. Never had VC under his own name.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vince Camuto

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

I always was under the impression that VC was pricey and sold only in exclusive stores.  Since some other lines "dumb down" their QVC items as compared to their couture IIne, I wonder if Camuto does the same. 

@this is my nic 

I have the same concern. I think the key is to purchase things that are not exclusive to QVC. I think that's where you run into trouble when they're made specifically for the Q.

I've always liked his accessories; shoes and bags. Really beautiful! I've liked a few of the clothing pieces on the Q but they seem a little pricey. I especially liked the sweater they were pushing over the weekend with the woven shirt tail and cuffs

Honored Contributor

I  got my daughter a pr of his boots and they are so nice..

Super Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

I always was under the impression that VC was pricey and sold only in exclusive stores.  Since some other lines "dumb down" their QVC items as compared to their couture IIne, I wonder if Camuto does the same. 

@this is my nic 

I have the same concern. I think the key is to purchase things that are not exclusive to QVC. I think that's where you run into trouble when they're made specifically for the Q.

I've always liked his accessories; shoes and bags. Really beautiful! I've liked a few of the clothing pieces on the Q but they seem a little pricey. I especially liked the sweater they were pushing over the weekend with the woven shirt tail and cuffs

VC is the one clothing brand I haven’t been disappointed in at QVC. I have been very happy with my purchases. I’m not sure which sweater you are referring to, but I purchased the open front cardigan in 2 colors and love them! The same cardigan is double the price right now at both Bloomingdales and Macy’s. It’s a perfect fit and very comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@homedecorator 

A347215

vince c sweater.jpg

I especially liked it in the black

Super Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@homedecorator 

A347215

vince c sweater.jpg

I especially liked it in the black

That’s so pretty! I have to check that one out, I missed it!