Honored Contributor

I'm all about giving people choices.  I've raised my daughters that it's always good to feel like you have a choice.  I still believe that.

Me, personally, I don't see anything there that interests me.  But then I'm in my 70's.  I dress nice but haven't worn any kind of heels for years, I definitely can't fit into tight pants.

I like my jewelry and clothes to totally match (in color).  I'm sure that makes no sense to anyone else and is probably for an 'old' person.

I dress for me to make me feel good.  I think if people like the brand, they'll buy it.  I don't mind it being on because I save money by not being tempted at all.

It makes sense to vary styles because the Q could probably use younger people.

I don't know any  young people who shop in stores (I'm talking about 20's on up).  My daughters and their friends all shop on line.

My granddaughters (teenagers) shop a little at malls but mostly socialize at the malls.

None of them buy from QVC at all.

Honored Contributor

The only thing that I would have bought was the faded blooms sleeveless blouse.  I love the print, but then realized the fabric was polyester.

I'm not investing that much in a polyester blouse that doesn't breathe.

I would be surprised if they weren't pushing the line.  Why bring it to QVC without promoting it?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

When the Camuto line came to QVC, I purchased a white blouse with flared sleeves that Amy wore.  The blouse is really cute and fit me well, however, the ruffles weren't finished off - I did a test wash and sure enough the sleeves tore in spots.  That was such a turnoff to me that I don't even watch.  I find plenty of youthful looks at my department store, M...., and A.T.   Also some at QVC that don't have the hype.  I also bought a pair of slides that said they had cushioning and were as hard as rocks, with stiff leather on the top band.  I don't know if his line has gone downhill, but it's not a great start. I don't expect cushioning in designer shoes, but don't say it's there if it isn't.  

Trusted Contributor

The young people I know shop at malls.  Especially for a special date or occasion.  Who wants to be sending things back that don't fit?   My young relatives look for sales and can't afford to pay the ridiculous shipping costs.  

Honored Contributor

Upon bringing in new vendors here in the fashion world any/all aspects, the goods need to be wearable by those who shop. It's interesting I think, wondering the ages of women who shop here nowadays.

I've been here since the start and have seen TONS of styles and designers here. Tastes and styles change dramatically, they come and go and some come back again. Some designers here have items that I cannot imagine many of us do not wear, would not wear, do not live in an area of the country where we could get away with wearing some/many items sold here. Some/many of these I think are just kooky crazy. So again, I really think age of shoppers plays a big role in who buys what here. I'm struggling to understand who buys and wears some of the new things here now.

Valued Contributor

They have to push it, it came over from HSN.  I will note to anyone buying the shoes or the clothes, sizing matters.  Their clothes are brick and mortar sizing (or at least they were on HSN) and the shoes I have to go up half a size, like Marc Fisher.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vince Camuto Line

[ Edited ]

I like the Vince Camuto line.  Most of the tops are too short for me, but they are stylish without being too trendy and not super conservative.  If the tops were longer, I'd probably buy more.  I like many of the shoes/boots, but not all.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOOOOO MUCH AIR TIME IN MY OPINION FOR A NEW BRAND ON THE Q.  TOOOOOO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Ditto! Since coming over to QVC his style is not the same.  I don't think it goes over well for the younger woman,it certainly has not attracted this senior.  Also his shoes are not as stylish and QVC is not offering size 12! And, don't forget HSN had wonderful sales prices. 

Honored Contributor

As someone else mentioned, this is not traditional QVC sizing.  It's smaller.  It's B&M sizing.  Many of the items are sold elsewhere and the only advantage to buying on QVC is easypay as the prices are the same as retail.  Unless retail is having a sale.  LOL  There are some items that are exclusive to QVC and the hosts during the shows I saw made sure to point that out. 

I own a number of VC shoes and boots.  Some purchased from HSN and some purchased from department stores.  HSN didn't always have the best price.   I've only had 1 pair that was awful and unwearable.  They were a wedge sandal I bought from Nordstrom for a wedding.  I had to take them off by the time dinner was served they were so miserable.  Everything else has been fantastic.

HSN didn't really seem to feature his clothing too much, like QVC is.  There were clothes offered on HSN.com but they featured the shoes and bags more.

I wasn't interested in anything from VC that was exclusive to HSN and I'm not interested in any VC that is exclusive to QVC.