Honored Contributor

Victoria's Secret bringing back swimsuits for 2019

The newly appointed CEO announced that Vic Secret will bring back swimsuits to be available in 2019.  They originally discontinued carrying swimsuits in 2016.

I wonder if this will salvage their decline in sales?  Any thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret bringing back swimsuits for 2019

Well, maybe if they make some suits with a tad more coverage than the ones they did in the past.  I realize their target is a younger audience, but most of the younger girls I see would not look decent in one of those suits.  They need to be more practical and make something a girl can actually swim in!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

they can't sell enough swin suits to help their bottom line.  I think the idea is that swim suits will draw women into the VS stores and while they are there, they'll buy other things.  I can remember looking and laughing at VS swim suits, they definitely weren't for the average body or for swimming.

Honored Contributor

I didn’t realize they stopped selling swimsuits.

I haven't bought a new suit in a few years. I plan on going to my local Dillard’s to try on some swimsuits before my April trip to the beach. They have a huge selection. 

Respected Contributor

I still have a beautiful aqua shimmery/metalic one piece suit from them that DH calls my mermaid suit. My fave. Hope they offer more in this material.