Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret's new campaign featuring Megan Rapinoe...

JMHO, but I'm glad they're reacting to the times. Very few women could ever relate to Victoria Secret Angels, anyway. 

In my opinion, the fact that so many men drooled over the Angels made their runway events a skin parade.

It was time for change. I think average folks are tired of viewing perfection, the unattainable, when they know how rare it truly is.

Respected Contributor

One of the people from TMZ was discussing on a news segment why VS chose Megan.

According to what he heard, Megan will be doing pod casts and different types of social media for the Company vs what the Company was "all eyes".

I could care less what they do, never bought anything, new will buy anything and I'm surprised with the rest of you that they still exist, I thought they were closed due to bankrucy.

Respected Contributor

Was never a fan of the 'angels' and not into this either. I just don't relate.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

JMHO, but I'm glad they're reacting to the times. Very few women could ever relate to Victoria Secret Angels, anyway. 

In my opinion, the fact that so many men drooled over the Angels made their runway events a skin parade.

It was time for change. I think average folks are tired of viewing perfection, the unattainable, when they know how rare it truly is.

Agreed!  I'm certainly no "angel"!  It got to be a bit old for the average woman.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a positive change and a great group of women to be involved.  I wish them luck and I am sure they will attract customers who didn't relate to wearing the skimpy underwear image they used to push.  

Respected Contributor

I never paid any attention to their ads or models.

They have a few basic items that I really love. They have a bra called angelight that is really comfy and not stiffly padded.

I love the idea of normal people being the face of companies. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have always felt that those VS hour long TV runway shows were so demeaning to women and took us back 50 years.  Their ads were the same.

Honored Contributor

It's about time!

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, everyone must have people exactly like them to feel good about themselves?  Seems to me that we are simply pulling people apart by checking boxes rather than looking at everyone for the person they are.

Rather than aiming at seeing each as an individual, we must see ethnicity now as a difference.  We seem to be going backward in some sense to me.

Instead of saying it doesn't matter, we are saying we must see it and put the person in a box.  I thought it wasn't supposed to matter in how we treat one another, now it is mandated to matter.  

Respected Contributor

a quick review of the VS website shows mostly the same scratchy lace, skimpy underthings and teensy bikinis. Except for "Pink" and there some guys are modeling pink tie-dye sweats.

much of the lingerie in the mall stores looked shopworn.  the few things ordered from their catalogs were so cheaply made, they quickly  fell apart .