Honored Contributor

Victoria Secret's new campaign featuring Megan Rapinoe...

Big changes in store for Victoria Secret....

In the Angels' place will be the "VS Collective," a group of seven women that includes Megan Rapinoe and actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas.

While Rapinoe appears set to be a new face of Victoria's Secret, it sounds like you shouldn't expect to frequently see the USWNT captain in skimpy underwear.

In addition to Rapinoe and Chopra Jonas, the VS Collective also features South Sudanese refugee and model Adut Akech, Chinese freestyle skier Eileen Gu, photographer and #Girlgaze founder Amanda de Cadenet, model and inclusivity advocate Paloma Elsesser and Brazilian trans model Valentina Sampaio.

This is Megan Rapinoe.

HARRISON, NJ - JUNE 05: Megan Rapinoe #15 of OL Reign is all smiles as she heads to take a corner kick in the first half of the match against NJ/NY Gotham FC at Red Bull Arena on June 5, 2021 in Harrison, New Jersey. (Photo by Ira L. Black - Corbis/Getty Images)

Honored Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret's new campaign featuring Megan Rapinoe...

ZZZZZzzzzzzz

but have to change with times or yesterday's news

Honored Contributor

I didnt realize the Victoria Secret stores still existed.  I thought they closed their doors a few years back.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The new faces of VS will also include transgender and plus size models.

Victoria's Secret announces Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Megan Rapinoe as new spokeswomen

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After the closure of 25% of the stores over the past year there will still be about 775 locations worldwide by the end of 2021.  California has the most locations with 148.

Respected Contributor

When my daughters were younger and still lived at home we went to Victoria's Secret often.  I loved some of their items.  But our store in is a mostly empty mall that I hate to go to because it feels creepy now.  And our store has had a few robberies and I do not feel safe there any longer.  

I cannot believe it is still open.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Back during the last Ice Age, I bought numerous clothing items from VS, even some classic dresses and lovely cotton sweaters.  But, never underwear.

They wore well and were good quality.

Haven't been in a store or bought anything from them in longer than I can remember.   However, I hate seeing any store go out of business, because jobs are lost.  

This new campaign won't make me a shopper again, but

I doubt I'm their target audience anymore Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Back during the last Ice Age, I bought numerous clothing items from VS, even some classic dresses and lovely cotton sweaters.  But, never underwear.

They wore well and were good quality.

Haven't been in a store or bought anything from them in longer than I can remember.   However, I hate seeing any store go out of business, because jobs are lost.  

This new campaign won't make me a shopper again, but

I doubt I'm their target audience anymore Cat LOL

I hear that.  These days I feel left behind and forgotton.

Maybe they are following the pied piper so they can make a comeback.  

Honored Contributor

Wow things have changed.  Stella Maxwell was the face of Victoria Secret.  A towering 5'10" with tiny 32A breast, 23" waist & 33" hips. The ideal angel.  Now we have athletic women & everyone else.  That's how a threatened bankruptcy changed a company.  I too thought the company was finished.   I started buying bras there when I was in college.  But they were too expensive (then) and I stopped.

Esteemed Contributor

🌈❤️🙏