Super Contributor
On 2/12/2015 dperry said:
On 2/12/2015 stevieb said:

I miss her too, but even she would've been challenged trying to make this marathon about bronze, crystals and fake diamonds interesting... What I find utterly fascinating is how they keep trying to palm this off as "fine" Italian jewelry when it's nothing more than costume...

stevie, I think the same thing as you. I just looked over the offerings for today and it is as you say not "fine Italian jewelry". I don't think Italian women wear this stuff.

I don't think really chic Italian women would be seen dead in this stuff. Having said that, I did buy a couple of pieces but I'm under no illusion about what I'm getting.

Super Contributor
On 2/12/2015 physicsnut said:
On 2/12/2015 Angelfire said: Miss her. Not the same, and not interested.

Agreed. Antonella was on last night. Could not watch her at all. Lisa did the BEST job of presenting the jewelry. I turned it off.

Oh dear, poor Antonella. She really looked freakish in that enormous black dress.

Respected Contributor

This makes me laugh, did Lisa really brainwash some of you that much. Either you like an item or not. Your decision should not be based on who the host is. That's just foolish.

Super Contributor

Angel,

I agree, and I was never a Lisa R. fan. However, I did notice that, as usual, ... you ask an innocent question and some with 4,000 to over 40,000 posts always has something detrimental to say to the OP or others, on this subject and most. Why not stay on topic folks?

Esteemed Contributor
Let it go already!!!! .... she is gone so, if you miss her that much go to her facebook page and you can see her every day!!!!
Respected Contributor

I think the big difference in the shows when Lisa was doing them is that they played it up to the nines!! There were a lot of teasers about what gown she would be wearing and shots of her in Italy which created an illusion about the jewelry being so high end and Italian. People thought it was something really special and QVC spent money to make it appear that way. Now I am not saying some of the jewelry isn't beautiful and that the host aren't doing a good job presenting or that they don't look beautiful all dressed up but it is a totally different type of presentation.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Kitlynn, for pointing that out. I think you hit the nail on the head. I think people are missing the experience more than missing the host. Q DID hype it up as an event, not just another show and most of us DID look forward to seeing the Italian locale, seeing what dress Lisa would wear, whether we liked it or not, etc. At least I know I watched the last one Lisa did for those reasons. I don't care for Bronzo and can't wear it due to metal sensitivities, so a plain old ordinary show with Bronzo jewelry isn't going to get me to tune in. The "event" shows did.

Honored Contributor
On 2/12/2015 autumnfaire said:

I suspect she is working behind the scenes with GILI. Her website promotes QVC products--I have seen Dr. Denese, Tatcha and Cheryl's cookies. Hosts who disappeared don't stay attached to QVC. She's probably working with designers in NYC and keeping less crazy hours~

I used to wonder about that, but today when Pat was describing exactly what GILI is (to anyone who has been living under a rock and doesn't know) she didn't even mention LR, or her involvement in its development.

Super Contributor
On 2/12/2015 faeriemoon said:

I suspect she is working behind the scenes with GILI. Her website promotes QVC products--I have seen Dr. Denese, Tatcha and Cheryl's cookies. Hosts who disappeared don't stay attached to QVC. She's probably working with designers in NYC and keeping less crazy hours~

I used to wonder about that, but today when Pat was describing exactly what GILI is (to anyone who has been living under a rock and doesn't know) she didn't even mention LR, or her involvement in its development.

I did not see it. How did she describe the "Got It Love It" name?

Honored Contributor
On 2/12/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/12/2015 faeriemoon said:

I did not see it. How did she describe the "Got It Love It" name?

To paraphrase, she described it as more "cutting edge" and "fashionably desirable" than the average piece. Never mentioned how it came about though.