Honored Contributor

Re: Very disappointed in Diane Gilman

@queen75 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lovethgedress 

I understand your frustration but bad mouthing customer service, to me, is less egregious than insulting everything you can possibly buy in a brick-and-mortar store! Both Susan Graver and Laurie Feltheimer do that frequently.

Just talk about how great your stuff is. insulting what everybody else is selling is not an attractive sales tactic

Just today Susan proclaimed that nothing in the stores is figure flattering?!

@Andreatoo Susan Graver is the most annoying lady on any of the shopping channels !  I honestly do not know how any of the QVC hosts can stand working with her. As for her clothing I would not want it even if it was given to me for free. 

@queen75 

What bothers me even more than her bashing every other line of clothing available is the constant you love to, you have to, you should, cover it all up! We as adults make our own decisions but I dread the thought of some young impressionable little girl that may be in the room with mom or grandma listening to this drivel and thinking they need to hide their female shape, that there's something wrong with their body

Regular Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lovethgedress 

I understand your frustration but bad mouthing customer service, to me, is less egregious than insulting everything you can possibly buy in a brick-and-mortar store! Both Susan Graver and Laurie Feltheimer do that frequently.

Just talk about how great your stuff is. insulting what everybody else is selling is not an attractive sales tactic

Just today Susan proclaimed that nothing in the stores is figure flattering?!

@Andreatoo Susan Graver is the most annoying lady on any of the shopping channels !  I honestly do not know how any of the QVC hosts can stand working with her. As for her clothing I would not want it even if it was given to me for free. 

@queen75 

What bothers me even more than her bashing every other line of clothing available is the constant you love to, you have to, you should, cover it all up! We as adults make our own decisions but I dread the thought of some young impressionable little girl that may be in the room with mom or grandma listening to this drivel and thinking they need to hide their female shape, that there's something wrong with their body

@Andreatoo You bring up a great point about young women and their body images. Hopefully these younger women are smarter than the designers and turn off the television like we have. 

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with DG, the problem with sales clerks is one of the reasons why I shop online and with the shopping channels.  The sales associates know absolutely nothing about the garments.  They get paid to hang items, keep the area tidy, look for shoplifters and ring up sales.  They do not get paid to help customers, which is fine because they don't know how long a sleeve is in top.  They don't know if the petite in a pair of pants is a 28 or 27 inch inseam.  They don't know what the fabric content is.  They can't even go in the back to see if there's item in your size back there.  All they can say is  "we only have what is on the floor".   They are totally useless.  Oh, yeah.  When do try and find one so you can pay, they are no where to be found.  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

No, they are not sold in stores.

Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 

I like DG and I understand that she is recent cancer survivor and I am sure that it is always on her mind.  But I do think she talks about it too much, shopping is supposed to be fun and cancer is not fun.  I mute my TV when she starts  down that road.  

Honored Contributor

I have tried several times to watch her.  I turn the channel. She tends to be very mean to the host, models and even the crew.  I remember a show with Suzanne Runyan how mean she was to her.  They went to a commercial and you could cut the tension with a knife. I understand that she is a cancer survivor as I do have some friends that are also and they never are mean and condescending as she is.  I watch when Shovan is on for her.

Respected Contributor

Oh heck.  She's always been this way.  Some of these designers go a little overboard with their hype.  I purchased from her jeans line years ago and then all of a sudden the fit was off no matter what I ordered.  I would never order again, and I absolutely do not like most of what she sells now, especially tops.  No reason to even watch presentations.  And, in a department store I don't need that much assistance except with pointing where items are I'm looking for.  I can figure out fit for myself.

Honored Contributor

She dresses horribly and that purple hair and style are ridiculous.  On top of that, she has an obnoxious attitude.