Honored Contributor

Re: Very disappointed in Diane Gilman

@lovethgedress 

I understand your frustration but bad mouthing customer service, to me, is less egregious than insulting everything you can possibly buy in a brick-and-mortar store! Both Susan Graver and Laurie Feltheimer do that frequently.

Just talk about how great your stuff is. insulting what everybody else is selling is not an attractive sales tactic

Just today Susan proclaimed that nothing in the stores is figure flattering?!

Trusted Contributor

Love her, love her style, and love love love her line. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@lovethgedress 

While I have not watched DG in a long time, I have bought some of her items in the past.

I admire her tenacity in creating a niche in the fashion industry.  She's been at it a long time.

However, of her and every other vendor, I would admire them even more if they sold their product and would not demean another person or profession in doing so.

Her comments might have some truth, but why go there?  It just makes her look small and doesn't make me want to buy.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I agree with you. What really bothers me when she goes on and on about Chemo.  I am a Survivor I watch TV to relax she is always talking about it.  So I mute her.  Jeans are great.

Valued Contributor

How do you find Social Team/

Respected Contributor

Just what information are the TV shopping Vendors giving out about the clothes that you cannot find in the stores? Type of fabric, cut of the garment, color, stitching, buttons, zippers where the garment was made and most importantly the fit and feel of it on one's body are all available in the stores. The last 2 to me are more important than listening to a vendor drone on and on about how the well- heeled ladies wear their creations in fancy hotels and cities and these two you cannot tell by listening to a vendor on TV.

Regular Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lovethgedress 

I understand your frustration but bad mouthing customer service, to me, is less egregious than insulting everything you can possibly buy in a brick-and-mortar store! Both Susan Graver and Laurie Feltheimer do that frequently.

Just talk about how great your stuff is. insulting what everybody else is selling is not an attractive sales tactic

Just today Susan proclaimed that nothing in the stores is figure flattering?!

@Andreatoo Susan Graver is the most annoying lady on any of the shopping channels !  I honestly do not know how any of the QVC hosts can stand working with her. As for her clothing I would not want it even if it was given to me for free. 
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't watch her. I just buy some of her jeans because they fit me...but I always need to wear a belt with her jeans because the waistbands, for me, are too big. Also, her jeans have belt loops...that's getting to be like buttons...they're disappearing from a lot of clothing.

I agree, @SilleeMee .  I want belt loops on my jeans.  With all the stretch they put in jeans now a days and no belt loops, the "jeans" look like sweat pants.  I don't want pull up pants for jeans.  I want a zipper and button, too.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that I can find out what I want about a garment online most of the time.  

I enjoy shopping B & M very much.  I don't, however, want a clerk following me around, suggesting pieces, giving me fashion advice.  I guess the days are over where stores offer this type of service (also following you into the dressing room YIKES!).  I avoided those store like a plague.  I can pick out what I want on my own.  I doubt if most B & M stores even train their employees for that type of service anymore.  Thank goodness!  JMHO  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I watch all the shopping channels but after a remark from Joe I think who represents Mallory was bashing the other shopping channels the other day. I won't be going back to Shop HQ, that's a no no...