Honored Contributor

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend this HBO documentary on the life of Ralph Lauren and his brand. I had the opportunity to meet Ralph and his wife back in the early 70's when he was first introducing his line of women's clothing. They were both a delight...very warm and down to earth.

Ralph Lauren clothing highly influenced how I dressed most of my life. His designs are timeless and classic. It was wonderful listening to Audrey Hepburn honor him in the first part of the film... well, see for yourself. I think most will enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11, thanks for the info, my DH & I both love anything Ralph Lauren!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

"Ralph Lauren clothing highly influenced how I dressed most of my life." 

@Trinity11 

Mine too.  His interior design,  as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

American Classic is my ‘go to’, and R, Lauren heads the list.

Thanks for posting.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I've watched it twice because I think Ralph Lauren defined Classic American Style and thought the documentary was excellent and interesting. I love the styles from  the 1930's and see how they influenced his designs, along with Western Wear and Military apparel. OP, thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I'll probably get HBO again just to watch this. I unsubscribed after the Big Little Lies sequel.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I just watched it,  HBO is free on Comcast this weekend. It's very well done. With all his success and wealth his family is what truly matters to him. That's obvious and it's wonderful.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

I saw the documentary.  It was fabulous.  What a talented and humble man.  

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 Had it on this morning.  What a beautiful tribute by Audrey Hepburn.  I love the simplicity of his style  and clearly he has his priorities in order. 

I do like his home style but it isn't for me.  There is too much "stuff" around and it gets cluttered looking.  I can't imagine trying to clean or dust but oddly I do like it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Very Ralph...

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 

Thanks for the info. Sounds interesting. Love shows about fashion. Will look for it & watch it. 

ETA: Set my DVR & watched this a few days ago. Really enjoyed it.