Regular Contributor

Re: Very Nice Puffer Jacket at Costco

@4kitties  I just purchased a Katherine Barclay merino wool crew neck sweater at Costco. $19.99 in XL. I am usually L but want to layer under this sweater as it is lightweight not bulky, and does not itch. 
Also, Costco Kirkland wool socks, 4 in package, are available. They were not in inventory last year. 

Respected Contributor

@Hilery 

Those sweaters are very nice.  I was really tempted, but I bought four new sweaters recently, so I resisted.  🙃

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

YOu get what you pay for!

The clothing at Costco is very cheaply made

Respected Contributor

I think the clothes at Costco are excellent quality for the price. I'm curious what was found to be cheaply made. 

Honored Contributor

Hilery:  I still have wool socks that I bought in the late sixties/early seventies. 

Used them for trips to snowy ski areas.  

They did, and still do, keep my feet very warm. 

I'll check out those socks at Costco.  I'm not a member, and I believe they add a 10 or 20 percent sur charge for non-members. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think the clothes at Costco are excellent quality for the price. I'm curious what was found to be cheaply made. 

You will NEVER get a response @Etoile308 bc her verbiage is very limited. That's all she posts and it supposedly applies to everything, lol  😂 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand, @Chi-town girl, and I realize the clothing Costco carries may not be for everyone. Most are casual or basic pieces to build upon. But I have article that seem to have lasted forever and show little to no wear: dress pants, leggings, loungewear, pajamas, jackets. In fact, after a few years, the only reason I get rid of some items is because I'm bored with them or feel they're too far out of style.

it seems there are some posters who like to snipe negative comments about items, yet I get the feeling they've never experienced the item to be in a position to speak of the quality.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I understand, @Chi-town girl, and I realize the clothing Costco carries may not be for everyone. Most are casual or basic pieces to build upon. But I have article that seem to have lasted forever and show little to no wear: dress pants, leggings, loungewear, pajamas, jackets. In fact, after a few years, the only reason I get rid of some items is because I'm bored with them or feel they're too far out of style.

it seems there are some posters who like to snipe negative comments about items, yet I get the feeling they've never experienced the item to be in a position to speak of the quality.

@Etoile308 - a number of the apparel items offered at Costco are 'overstock' from name brands. It's not rejects or lower quality than what's sold elsewhere. And the house brand 'Kirkland' items are excellent, competitive to the established brands like Tide detergent. Costco volume purchasing power provides customers with true value. What's not to love! 

Those of us that shop Costco apparel do so for a variety of reasons. My favorite workout leggings was a Costco purchase last year and I went back to buy backups, lol. $12. Perform as well if not better than my higher end athletic leggings at a substantial savings.

I typically take a stroll through the apparel area while I'm shopping for food and household staples. What they have is usually limited in quantity or it's seasonal. Something new regularly 

And your last paragraph 👏🏻 Spot on! A very ODD and SAD way to 'connect' and contribute. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I'm still convinced Costco sells seconds. My dh bought tons of socks and find they wash/wear out a lot faster than other store bought ones. I have tons of their leggings and love them, wash and wear just fine. I love Costco though and am getting excited already because we will be going there next Tuesday. Ours is a 2 hour drive (there and back). Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I buy a lot of clothing at Costco,  outerwear is wonderful, same for activewear

Mr likes their dress shirts