Super Contributor
The host should present the item with the model and that is plenty. The vendors want to be personalities and they are not adding anything. How many people died it take to sell a shirt.
Super Contributor

I also agree...I have been trying to tune in as I need to get away from the news but find I can't stick with the channel. The call in/Skype in concept was a nice one during this crisis but it just doesn't work well. Let's have the hosts solo. If an item REALLY requires an "expert" (which guests used to be...not anymore...now they are just hired talent) then we can tolerate the remote caller. 

Respected Contributor

I know I couldn't do the hosts' job, and am sure the producers are in their ear constantly telling them to say this and that. What annoys me is when I'n listening to hear info about item being presented by the vendor, and  the host will always chime in to say, "sorry to interrupt you but gotta say that 500 just flew outta here!"  Hearing that is not getting me to run to the phones to order.

Contributor

Speaking of Spanx. I can't believe a show host can talk about bras for 30 minutes straight!.  

I haven't been watching too much QVC lately, but yesterday I was flipping it on and off and I couldn't believe how long they had those Spanx bras on.  I know it was for at least 1/2 hour. I feel sorry for the show hosts. I hope the heck they sold them out so I don't have to see them again.

Esteemed Contributor

I realize that QVC is doing the best they can - and they're trying to keep it almost normal. I get it.   Like others, I find the Skyping distracting and would prefer the single QVC host.  I can only watch about 5 minutes at a time.  If at all.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

There is just too much talk with each presentation and a host with vendor in studio or via whatever is annoying.  At times a vendor only would be preferred over some of the hosts.