Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

Very nic

@Oostende wrote:

I bought this velvet boyfriend blazer (from Express) that I will wear casually around the holidays.  I love the color and the sheen.  My skin and hair color is similar to the model's.

It won't be a workhorse in my wardrobe.  It's just a little bit of fun.

Product image  

Very nice, but why only wear it during the hoildays?  It would look great with a pair of jeans and a white shirt.

ITA!  I would definitely wear this beautiful jacket with a pair of jeans.  Velvet now isn't like it was where you wore it to fancy occasions.  I want that jacket!!

I like that too.  My jacket is a bit like that.  This looks of very high quality!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I wear velvet and velour from November-February.

Trusted Contributor

Love velvet!  I don't have a lot of it but enjoy wearing it!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I wear velvet and velour from November-February.

I gave away quite a bit this spring that I had just dry cleaned and decided "no, it will never come back in style, in my lifetime," so I gave it to a friend who is soooo excited about velvet being all the rage this year.  I am happy she will get to enjoy it.  She is much prettier than I am and will be gorgeous in it.

Valued Contributor

Velvet is one of those things that l like on other people but is not for me. I hate the feel of it and no matter the style, I feel it makes me look bigger.  Velvet loafers might be fun tho’ since I do a lot of entertaining at home ( I couldn’t wear them out in our sloppy WI winters).

Trusted Contributor

Years ago Q sold a very nice quality rayon velvet shirt.  I think it was Lisden.  As someone mentioned, there were some nice cut- velvet shirts, also.  IMO, the velvet that looks best- short of silk velvet- is velveteen, which is cotton.  I've had many DG2 velvet jeans, in great colors.  Am down to navy & forest green, & will definitely pull them out shortly.  Just remembered I have a pair of Iman's velvet leggings, & these are a good quality polyester, & supprisingly flattering.  However, I have not worn them outside - yet!  Years ago, Q carried Daniel Green shoes, & I bought a pair of black velvet sneakers.  I guess it's time to wear them!

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to lean toward the opinions stated by @kelsey17 and @winamac1.  That doesn't mean I haven't seen some nice looking velvet items available this season, but overall it's not winning me over.  

I really like a well done velvet burnout.  Sending my mind back in the QVC way back machine, a long time ago (more than 20 years) Bob Mackie did a silk burnout shirt in several deep rich colors. I gave both my mother and sister one of those shirts, and given the number of times both were seen wearing the shirts,it's safe to conclude they felt the same as I did about the item. I've had other burnout items since that shirt, but it remains one I compare similar items to in terms of meeting my expectation.Woman Happy  

Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of velvet. I always feel like I look like I have gained 10 lbs. when I wear it. I may consider a pair of velvet flats or loafers.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I've always loved velvet "smoking" slippers.  Some are plain, while others have a small tassel or embroidery. 

Trusted Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

I bought this velvet boyfriend blazer (from Express) that I will wear casually around the holidays.  I love the color and the sheen.  My skin and hair color is similar to the model's.

It won't be a workhorse in my wardrobe.  It's just a little bit of fun.

Product image  

Can anyone who purchased this jacket tell me if it runs true to size?  I am pear shaped, and smaller in the shoulders than hips.  Yuk.  So I don't know if I should order the medum or large.