Esteemed Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Margo Channing said:

I have several velvet blazers I wear in the winter time. Do I care if they are the most fashionable...heck no. I wear what I like and what looks good on me

{confession time} for warmth I wear the dreaded velour track suit in the winter. I have them in several colors altho I try not to wear them when Mr. Channing is around because I think they are the epitome of frumpy and matronly.

I have those velour outfits in several colors and I like them. I keep warm at home or if I need to go out to pick up something from the market or the garden shop.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor
I don't think the fabric velvet is ever out of style. Been around forever. Styles that the fabric's made into could be dated, that's different. I love the true silky velvet. I've ordered things a couple times, but it was that cheap cardboard velvet. Didn't keep those.
Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved velour........and velvet.....but i feel the old fashioned velvet was much more classic............the newer stretch velvelt to me looks cheap...just my opinion....too stretchy and shiney...........................

Honored Contributor

I like 100% cotton velour... it's like corduroy to me, but sportier. I ordered the IM velour jean jacket... hope I like it it is MOSTLY cotton... we'll see

A258821

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
On 10/27/2014 lovestoteach said:

I like 100% cotton velour... it's like corduroy to me, but sportier. I ordered the IM velour jean jacket... hope I like it it is MOSTLY cotton... we'll see

A258821

I've always considered corduroy to be a casual, sporty fabric. Velour and velvet were dressier. (although today anything goes)

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/26/2014 cyndog said: I don't think the fabric velvet is ever out of style. Been around forever. Styles that the fabric's made into could be dated, that's different. I love the true silky velvet. I've ordered things a couple times, but it was that cheap cardboard velvet. Didn't keep those.

Exactly! Velvet has to have a certain hand to it otherwise it looks cheap. I haven't bought anything velvet in several years as what I've seen that I like is $$$$$.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

The IM jean jackets in velour are headed back. So nicely made... such great fabric ... nice buttons... satin lining ... collar proportions are too big for a narrow-shouldered petite... so, going back. A close "brush" with "perfect!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Denim and Co. velour shirt (2) and they arrived yesterday. Very nice and comfy too. I will use them as a layering piece when out and about so I don't use sweaters very much unless they are pull overs. I will definitely be a geek or odd for wearing the fabric but I am okay with that as I like the fabric this time of year.

LovesTo Teach - Do you really love to teach? Not a lot of teachers love to, to many, it's just a job that pays the bills.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I like velevet zip up, jackets only.

Honored Contributor

Last year I bought some lovely velvet separates on sale at Soft Surroundings. Usually I wear black velvet, but these are a deep hunter green and deep red.