Honored Contributor

I like velour.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My favorite velour stuff comes from Cuddl Duds. It's so soft and I live in it during the winter.

I have the CD double plush leggings in six colors--wearing the camo right now.  

@Caligurll , 

I own several of those leggings, too! I just received the camo the other day. Can't wait to start wearing them.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Cats and velour are not compatible. So no velour for me.

I have a golden retriever and my Cuddl Duds double plush velour leggings don't seem to be chummy with her hair. I'm not sure why but you would expect pet hair would stick to any velour but not with the CD. That's one reason why I love them so much.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Velour?? Aaaagh!

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

Cats and velour are not compatible. So no velour for me.

I have a golden retriever and my Cuddl Duds double plush velour leggings don't seem to be chummy with her hair. I'm not sure why but you would expect pet hair would stick to any velour but not with the CD. That's one reason why I love them so much.

@SilleeMee  I live with a Rough Coat Collie, an exquisite Lassie look alike. They have three different coats, the close one is fine and thin and if allowed to grow unbrushed  will knit itself into a thatched sheet of impenetrable armor. The  middle coat is coarse and wiry, the most prominent and colorful coat is very long, thick, silky  and forms their gorgeous manes and feathers legs and tail.  Gorgeous except that every last one of those hairs adheres like a magnet to clothing and upholstery.  And I agree with you, Cuddl Duds velour is immune.  No hairs on the surface or wrapped around and woven into the fabric.  So, I have sets, multiples, in black and navy, colors  impossible in ordinary knits.  Hacci  and heavenly jersey are the worst in any color.  There is no brush or lint tape on the market capable of extracting collie hair from these fabrics.  

Just wanted to share that Denim & Co corduroy is another relatively dog hair repellent pant as is LF Silky Denim.  

Trusted Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My favorite velour stuff comes from Cuddl Duds. It's so soft and I live in it during the winter.

@Caligurll  Me too, love them!  Excellent taste!  Smiles.

Trusted Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Caligurll  Me too, love them!  Excellent taste!  Smiles.

Me too ! I just got my camouflage yesterday!

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant, "Velour?? Aaaagh! No thanks."  That's it? LOL....OK - glad you were able to tell everyone here that you don't like velour. Sleep well and have a good day tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee , I just bought a velour top at Jockey.  It is so soft I can’t wait to wear it.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

There's a time and place for velour.  I have 3 velour hoodies that I wear with jeans every winter.  Very warm - very soft - very machine washable.  Love them!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don't like velour either.  Never have, never will.  Especially those velour track suits.