Esteemed Contributor

Re: Variety in clothing lines

I also loved Motto and I especially loved Dialogue slacks. (I still own 2 pairs of Dialogue slacks - they wash and wear like iron!)  Both Motto and Dialogue were my style and always fit perfectly.

I watched the Indigo Moon shows because the jackets, etc., were works of art and absolutely beautiful.  I never purchased any of them, but it was fun to watch.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@findingnemo 

I remember and owned a few Gabriella T sweaters. They were a fine gauge light weight fabric.  I remember some beautiful abstract floral & embellished designs. 

Occasional Contributor

I loved Dialogue yoga type pants. Mine are over 10 years old and look great. I just need different sizes. I put them on, take a step and they are at my ankles. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

When Mindy Grossman was HSN's CEO she brought a lot of great fashion.  She brought real designers to do capsule collections.  The designers didn't stick around, because they were capsule, but the customer had a chance to purchase great fashion for a limited time.  They also had for a long time a DVF line that I loved. HeartHeartHeart  This is before she returned to retail.  I find HSN unwatchable now.  I have notifications for some shows like origami (home organizing) and jay king jewelry, and and I check the website when the shows are coming on to see what will be featured that I may be interested in.  HSN also has a jewelry line that was fabulous when it started Rarities, and is now just overpriced silver with gems.  

The goal for most fashions seems to be most common denominator.  QVC does have some good, fun, stylish garments, you just have to overlook all the repetitive styles. But the reason I most like shopping for fashions on QVC is that they provide specific garment measurements and materials, which I think only HSN does as well.  (Feel free to correct me if there are others, I would love to know.)  It is frustrating to buy things that don't fit, in addition to the other uncertainties associated with shopping online for fashion.  Shopping online is essential, though I do like to watch occasionally, particularly the shows with a mix of brands.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma .

I also had a couple of sweaters from that line in my skinny days. Good pick up!

Valued Contributor

I really miss Liz Claiborne. Not familiar with some of the others. would love to see wool, silk and suede even though of course they are more expensive. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

I really miss Liz Claiborne. Not familiar with some of the others. would love to see wool, silk and suede even though of course they are more expensive. 

@Whosits  QVC used to have a wool line: Urban Wool; a cashmere line: Precious Fibers; a silk line which (darn-it) I can't think of the brand name right now, but the product rep was Beth Terrell; and QVC and HSN both had a run with Diane Von Furstenberg's Silk Assets; Bob Mackie used to offer silk, and Dennis Basso did lots of genuine leather and suede jackets and coats.  Speaking of leather let's not forget Bradley Bayou.  

Those items were more expensive than the usual price points on shopping channels, but considering the good quality and unique designs they were good values.  The designs were not ho-hum can get it anywhere styles, and the quality was on par with that of the better of the higher end stores, so the $80 QVC silk blouse would have cost $150+ elsewhere. 

Contributor

HSN  also used to feature Terry Lewis leather and suede as well. Not sure what happen to her line but Bradley Bayou now designs houses.

Trusted Contributor

@findingnemo   MANY years ago I bought 2 blouses from the George Simonton line.  The quality of the stiching and the material used were some of the best fashion pieces I ever bought from the Q.  His tailoring knowledge was unsurpassed.

Esteemed Contributor

Citiknits was my office wardrobe for seeral years.