Contributor

I have seen many people comment on how most clothing lines/styles look the same. I was just curious if people remember some of the unique lines that use to be carried by the Q or even HSN?

What comes to mind for me-Koos of course and Indigo Moon. May not be everyone's style but the clothes offered distinct style choices for those looking for something different. Anyone else have a brand?

Honored Contributor

Re: Variety in clothing lines

Along with Koos on QVC, I think Badgley Mischka when they were on HSN were different.  Quaker when it first started was unique especially those items that had button covers.  

Honored Contributor

Sports Savvy

Citiknits

Liz Claiborne

Motto

Dialogue

Rachel Zoe

Bradley Bayou

Chloe Dao

Mark Bouwer

George Simonton

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@kaydee50. You're right .Seems like the early Quaker items were unique, now of course mass production.I understand but just liked the unusual.

I really liked Sports Savvy.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    I remember the ones you listed?  What happened to all the good clothes lines?  They come and go and now Martha Stewart is gone and I am very sad.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 

A nice stroll down memory line....now sadly I think all the QVC lines look alike ..... or very similar not much difference or variety...Susan Graver had a top with gromets just like Quacker Factory did a few years ago...with a slight modification of course....and same with Kim Gravels jeans with zippers at the hemline.....another QF rip off....SMH!

I really liked Sports Savvy and George Simonton.....they would also bring in different designers for a one time showing that was something different...They used to have lots of variety!! 

WOW is Martha Stewart really gone from the Q, thats a shame, no matter what product she puts her name on its always has the best quality....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Some of my favorites from years ago ... that I still own/wear:

• Sandy Starkman
  • Koos
  • Indigo Moon
  • Citiknits
  • Look East
  • Victor Costa 
  • Mary McFadden
  • Bob Mackie - when he did real silk and real suede
  • On-The-Go Style
  • Club Paradise

-----------------

• At least we have LOGO, Tolani, Haute Hippie Tribe and Attitudes for some stuff that doesn't look like every other vendor.

------------------

QVC's target market is not me. /

They seem to be selling to the comfy leisure market.  That's not me.  I wear "real clothes." 

Honored Contributor

I really liked the Motto line but other than that the clothes offered today aren't my style at all. I have found a few cute things at Hsn though, but I'd have to say it pretty much a miss for me all around, not just in the clothing. 

Honored Contributor

@findingnemo wrote:

I have seen many people comment on how most clothing lines/styles look the same. I was just curious if people remember some of the unique lines that use to be carried by the Q or even HSN?

What comes to mind for me-Koos of course and Indigo Moon. May not be everyone's style but the clothes offered distinct style choices for those looking for something different. Anyone else have a brand?

@findingnemo There used to be some beautiful items on here 20-30 years ago.  Now, not much special for me.

Trusted Contributor

Motto.
I really miss the Motto line.