Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vanity closing all stores

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:
Theirs website is already shut down. If we have time I might see if my mom can take me to the store and see what they had left. I was always so impressed with how thick the material was on their tops. I ordered like 10 new tops when fall started. But the jeans have me bummed. I am a 33 inseam. Almost all jeans are 30 petite or 34 regular. So sad.

@ccassaday ~ since you're a 33" inseam and stock size is 34"

wouldnt that extra inch shrink while washing/drying?  How about 

taking a look at LL Bean and Lands End online, they might have the exact length you're looking for.

They probably would. I did notice that with some of the vanity jeans.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday@AKgirl2@hoosieroriginal@tansy@Lipstickdiva

I was afraid this would happen... that the day would come when the B&M stores might close.

@ccassaday

If there is a brand label sewn in the tag, would Amazon have them? Maybe? 😢

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of this store either.  I hate when I find a place that carries my size and everything always fits well and they they go out of business.  It's happened to me a few times.

Have you ever tried Christoper and Banks online?  They carry tall sizes and with discounts their clothing is affordable.  Sign up for their e-mail and they will let you know when there is a sale.

I just got some great cotton t-shirts in different sleeve lengths for $9.99 each instead of their $27 price.

My daughter who is about your age, buys her pants there as well as my two sisters.  I should get a commission for referrals.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@ccassaday@AKgirl2@hoosieroriginal@tansy@Lipstickdiva

I was afraid this would happen... that the day would come when the B&M stores might close.

@ccassaday

If there is a brand label sewn in the tag, would Amazon have them? Maybe? 😢

I would have to look. I am pretty sure their jeans are their own brand.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have never heard of this store either.  I hate when I find a place that carries my size and everything always fits well and they they go out of business.  It's happened to me a few times.

Have you ever tried Christoper and Banks online?  They carry tall sizes and with discounts their clothing is affordable.  Sign up for their e-mail and they will let you know when there is a sale.

I just got some great cotton t-shirts in different sleeve lengths for $9.99 each instead of their $27 price.

My daughter who is about your age, buys her pants there as well as my two sisters.  I should get a commission for referrals.

I am such a odd size. I am only 5'3 but my pants are all 33 inches. I have long legs. And it doesn't help I am thin. Most of the jeans like at kohls they don't go small enough. I will take a look at that store. I just hate paying the prices like at gap or Macy's. I could check out old navy.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've never heard of this store?  Are they regional?

i have never heard of it either. i actually thought that she was talking about the vanity fair lingerie stores when i opened the thread.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I too have never heard of this store.  I looked at locations and see that while there are several stores in my state, oddly enough they are all located in outlying towns, with nothing in the metro area.  

@ccassaday  Good luck in finding a replacement for your favorite jeans. That is a difficult task--I usually have to try on several brands before I find just the right style, fit, etc.  

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of Vanity and wondered why since the website says we have 13 in my state. They are only in malls. That explains it. I can't remember the last time I shopped in a mall.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Vanity is a blast from the past for me -- I remember shopping for clothing there when I was a teen (1970s)! I have always considered it a teen/junior type store, but admittedly haven't set foot in one in MANY years. (There are none where I currently live, but there is still one where my parents live.)

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Vanity is a blast from the past for me -- I remember shopping for clothing there when I was a teen (1970s)! I have always considered it a teen/junior type store, but admittedly haven't set foot in one in MANY years. (There are none where I currently live, but there is still one where my parents live.)

I was suprised to learn they have been in business for over 50 years. I would say they tend to the younger crowd but stuff isn't to young looking. There fall and winter tops are so good. They fit my casual lifestyle. Everything holds up extremely well and is really stylish. Makes me very sad. I am glad I have drawers of winter stuff that will last me years as far as tops. I used to shop at Kohls. But after getting tops from vanity you can really see that the quality at kohls wasn't very good. It's hard to find quality clothing that doesn't cost a arm and a leg.