Trusted Contributor

With a few exceptions, it's getting absolutely ridiculous, particularly with Denim and Co. The only place an XXS denim jacket has a chest circumference of 37.5" is QVC. I really wonder what a true size 0 or 2 can purchase and actually wear. When I look at the fit on the models and compare to my fit at home I can only believe that their garments are altered.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Q's vanity sizing tickles me.

B&M stores - I am a size 8 (pants), size 10 (tops).

QVC - I am a size XXS in "everything" D&C & WWA.

I haven't been that size since I was a fetus. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

With a few exceptions, it's getting absolutely ridiculous, particularly with Denim and Co. The only place an XXS denim jacket has a chest circumference of 37.5" is QVC. I really wonder what a true size 0 or 2 can purchase and actually wear. When I look at the fit on the models and compare to my fit at home I can only believe that their garments are altered.

@Love to Run

The garment measurements are an indication whether a particular piece is designed to be fitted, semi-fitted, etc.  You have to take into consideration the style and the "wearing ease" designed into the garment.

A loose fitting jacket can be up to10" larger than the bust measurement. A fitted jacket will be about 3 or 4" larger than bust measurement.

Ease Chart

Super Contributor

I found a QVC size chart from 2010.  According to that chart I was a size 4. Today, same body measurements, I’m a size 0. 

Esteemed Contributor

I totaly do not get this vanity sizing.  I am the size I am and shouldn't our measurements dictate that???   It's all so confusing.......I think the craziness in sizing is that too many items are made in too many different countries who all have different sizing???!!! Yikes.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@Love to Run

The garment measurements are an indication whether a particular piece is designed to be fitted, semi-fitted, etc.  You have to take into consideration the style and the "wearing ease" designed into the garment.

A loose fitting jacket can be up to10" larger than the bust measurement. A fitted jacket will be about 3 or 4" larger than bust measurement.

Ease Chart

Yes, I'm aware of the ease that is required for a garment to fit properly, both for woven and knit fabrics. The industry standard for a denim jacket is 2-2.5" of ease. That translated to about 34-35" for a size 2.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@DLew wrote:

I found a QVC size chart from 2010.  According to that chart I was a size 4. Today, same body measurements, I’m a size 0. 

@DLewDing! Ding! Ding! You hit the nail on the head.

Neil deGrasse Tyson