Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie P's flare leg and sweater

A very nice, attractive change for Valerie.  99.5% of the time I've seen her on air she is wearing black slacks.

Frequent Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@NanaFrost wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

The reason women like the skinny jeans is you look slimmer and taller. There is nothing that will make you look shorter than having a flare at the bottom of your pants, and even worse than that are the gaucho pants.  Gaucho pants are also a double negative, because not only do they make you shorter, but they make you look heavier. 

VPH is tall and can wear pants with the flare at the bottom, that's the reason why she looks good in them, her height.

I think a lot of women THINK skinny jeans make them look slimmer and taller. 

Wow.  So what you think prevails over what others see? smh

@NanaFrost How did you arrive at that conclusion? I shared my OPINION in response to someone else's OPINION. That's how things work here.  No one's opinion is more valid than anyone else's. 

Silly me, taking what you wrote as what you meant.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum I am 5'6" & I have slightly flare Jeans, Bootcut, Trouser & straight leg. My friend is 5'2" & does not wear exagerated flares but slightly flares & boot cut. I just think that petite women can rock them who have short legs if they are not distressed or faded on the leg &  are a bit longer with a heel. Also the Rise is important either a high rise or mid rise. Preferably a high rise.

I don't agree with you that skinny jeans makes a women look slimmer. A dark indigo or black in a skinny jean can make a women look slimmer than a light wash. It depends on body type with Jeans imo.