Frequent Contributor

Re: Valerie P's flare leg and sweater

@Love to Run wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

The reason women like the skinny jeans is you look slimmer and taller. There is nothing that will make you look shorter than having a flare at the bottom of your pants, and even worse than that are the gaucho pants.  Gaucho pants are also a double negative, because not only do they make you shorter, but they make you look heavier. 

VPH is tall and can wear pants with the flare at the bottom, that's the reason why she looks good in them, her height.

I think a lot of women THINK skinny jeans make them look slimmer and taller. 

Wow.  So what you think prevails over what others see? smh

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love to Run wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

The reason women like the skinny jeans is you look slimmer and taller. There is nothing that will make you look shorter than having a flare at the bottom of your pants, and even worse than that are the gaucho pants.  Gaucho pants are also a double negative, because not only do they make you shorter, but they make you look heavier. 

VPH is tall and can wear pants with the flare at the bottom, that's the reason why she looks good in them, her height.

@Love to Run  I totally agree!   In my opinion, if you are skinny, skinny jeans make you look thin.  If you're not, skinny jeans actually accentuates the 'non-skinny' leg/hip, rear and stomach area in the jeans.  Definitely not a good look. JMHO

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NanaFrost wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Wow.  So what you think prevails over what others see? smh

@NanaFrost How did you arrive at that conclusion? I shared my OPINION in response to someone else's OPINION. That's how things work here.  No one's opinion is more valid than anyone else's. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

I like a subtle flare or bootcut jean, especially with ankle boots in fall and winter. I also have a trouser jean with a bit of a wider leg that I like. I wear straight leg jeans most often. I also own one slim leg & one skinny jean. 

Trusted Contributor

I like a slightly flared Jean because it balances my hips.
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  I like a flare or boot cut. Valerie looks good.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Bhvbum 

Women who have nice legs and look much better in slim-cut jeans and many don't have much waist.  They need their upper torso and legs to be the mainstay of their look.  Tall women, some of whom have wide hips, look better in flare-leg jeans because it disguises the width of their hips.  I hardly have any hips.  I am an apple.  I will not wear wide-leg jeans since I have gotten older because they make me look frumpy.  I look like a big sack of fertilizer.  One size, all the way down.

Honored Contributor

I wear mostly boot cut jeans.  I sometimes wear straight leg.  The only time I will wear a skinny jean is if I'm going to tuck them into my boots which is really rare since so few boots have a shaft circumference large enough for just my legs much less legs with jeans on them.

Honored Contributor

She looks very nice in flare leg jeans and a sweater. One of my favorite casual looks.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee @Super cute! Thanks! Gotta check that out!