Respected Contributor

I ordered the open Melissa McCarthy Flyaway heart topper from HSN and it came today just in time to wear tonight for dinner out.

Opened up the package and it was the worst piece of clothing I have ever seen.

First, the fabric reminds me of kitchen curtains from my grandmother's era.  The fabric is thin without any body, has embroidered hearts which are "fringed/frayed" around the heart but the fringe doesn't go all around the heart, it only covers around 80% of the heart. 

Second, the sizing, I was oh so careful to check, ordered my regular size even though it say's generous fit for ease of movement 7", I actually put one arm in and couldn't even get the other arm in.

Third:  Color....ordered the Antler Mauve, it looks great online but in person its dark and drab.

Fourth...It looks and feels like a rag...an expensive one too.  For $89.00, I would say $5 is way too much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valentine Disappointment

It's a shame that something you were so looking forward to turned out to be junk. I've not heard of anything in her line being of good quality though there are many that love her line, I know. But again, those I know personally who have purchased items and the items I have seen....we agree it's junk.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling  Aww Bling, I'm sorry the new topper is a disappointment. 

Image result for single rose

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling  Sorry for your disappointment  but that's about how all my HSN purchases turn out.   I've given up buying there. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yikes, I thought I read some very positive reviews of her things a while ago.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday in spite of that!

Honored Contributor

looks so cute online......sorry you were disappointed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Surprised about Melissa's line ... I know she studied "Design" in college.  With all the pressure HSN & QVC give the vendor to keep their prices down--I'm sure "shortcuts" were made, and the "curtain" you received was the result.   

I know wearing a "new outfit" always makes one feel special--hope your day/eve was still fantastic regardless of this incident. :-) 

Respected Contributor

I bought a few of her things and they were really nice. I did recently return a blouse because the sizing was off and the material was not good. Hope this is just a hiccup in her line. I have two blouses that are beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

What's the item number?

Respected Contributor

HSN Item # 521-224

I love it online, it looks rich, flowy and quite beautiful.............it's the

exact opposite....grandma's curtains with unfinished frayed hearts and lots of loose threads.