Occasional Contributor

What are the most upscale clothing lines on the Q?

Valued Contributor

Re: Upscale lines

[ Edited ]

I've been told all the upscale brands on QVC (Dooney, Dennis Basso, NYDJ, etc) are all made for QVC sales and are not the same as what you would purchase at retail. I had a salesperson at Macy's tell me that the Dooney bags and NYDJ jeans sold on QVC are not made the same as the ones sold in their store. Even my high end consignment store will not take HSN or QVC "brand name" items. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Upscale lines

[ Edited ]

@simplyfriends wrote:

I've been told all the upscale brands on QVC (Dooney, Dennis Basso, NYDJ, etc) are all made for QVC sales and are not the same as what you would purchase at retail. I had a salesperson at Macy's tell me that the Dooney bags and NYDJ jeans sold on QVC are not made the same as the ones sold in their store. Even my high end consignment store will not take HSN or QVC "brand name" items. 

@simplyfriends   Re: Dooney, I've heard the hosts and vendors say that a certain bag is made just for QVC and available at other retailers. They don't deny it. I wear NYDJ, but never from Q at that price. I can purchase them from Nord. Rack at a very discounted price and their own site just had 50% off. I'm not sure if NYDJ has separate "fits" or styles for Q, but the jeans they made for Chico's did not fit me the same as the others I've purchased. 

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

@simplyfriends 

I was aware of the clothing but not the Dooney and Bourke. To be fair the clothing is adequate I just don't think they command the prices that the Q demands considering they likely employ the same foreign manufacturers that discount stores do. 
@Shanus

When perusing the Rack website I note brands like NYDJ and Kut from the Kloth are both considerably cheaper than what the Q is selling them for!

Esteemed Contributor

When I lived in Korea we made a game of shopping: at that time many things were made in Korea for export.  Frequently the same factory made multiples of same item and each company even had the printed tags and mfsr pre printed.  Learned a lot about clothing and athletic shoe retail: very eye opening!

Honored Contributor

I don't consider anything sold by QVC upscale because their clothing doesn't come close to the quality sold by high end retailers.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion, upscale is design, fabric (material) and construction.

Yes, I am blessed to own some top name brands that are considered some of the best in the world. I worked hard to earn my money and I spent it on a few items of beauty and quality that will last forever.

I find the same "upscale shopping" experience at QVC-- I am a big fan of Louis Dell' Olio, Isaac Mizrahi and Bob Mackie, and many of their outfits rival clothes I can buy anywhere else.

For casual wear Denim & Co, LOGO and Quacker Factory never fail me.

I have seen the exact same D&B purses on QVC for sale at both Macy's and Boscov's.  

In the end, it all comes down to what makes an individual woman feel comfortable, stylish, attractive, and happy with what she spent!

Honored Contributor

Barefoot Dreams ! Yikes, have to be a politician to afford 200.00

sweaters.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio to me is an upscale line.  Many pieces in his line are of impeccable quality and timeless designs.  He is a true designer with impressive credentials.

Honored Contributor

Many brands here I think are considered to be upscale by qvc standards but I often try to figure out what that means to the q. In my opinion there are very very few lines I'd consider 'high end'. Many here think logo, SG, IM are upscale - NOT. They just charge a lot of $$$$$$ for these. None of these so-called designer lines are even worth the high prices the q charges for them. It's highway robbery in my pocket book.