Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrade Your Look with Katrina Szish

@Teddixat   I'm beginning to tire of AS whether she's on Monday night with others or by herself. I used to enjoy her but not anymore.

Honored Contributor

Katrina will be working it at midnight tonight presenting Jason Wu's tsv dress which I think is totally adorable for the summer. Have you seen it yet? I ordered this one in PS black.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the format of no vendors.  I find them to be distracting.  I do believe next time there should be a model or two instead of Katrina trying on everything or going to a video.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Good show, Upgrade Your Look!  I am sorry I haven't been able to watch or listen much because I have other stuff to do, but every time I peek it looks like she is giving honest and useful styling tips, something that no QVC host has done, IMO, since Lisa Roberson left.

@NYCLatinaMe - I DVR'd the show, haven't watched it yet.

I agree about Katrina's styling tips and would add Amy Stran and Amy Morrison (HSN). These are the hosts I most relate to for fashion styles and tips

The more airtime Katrina gets the more she will be criticized. It goes with the territory. We all have our preferences and who we relate to will vary based on age, lifestyle, personal 

Had to giggle about the lack of preparation of one of the newer hosts that did the late Sunday night Just Reduced show. She was presenting Koolaburra pieces and repeatedly called it "Kalua burra "😂 she was flustered and made a comment about the showtime hour as if that was a good excuse for her lack of prep/foible. What I've seen of her, hmmm NOT impressed! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I missed the show but I was just looking back and watching some videos and I hate to say I didn't care for it at all.  They only presented one of the items and showed the others online.  There were colors I would of loved to see being modeled.  I really like Katrina and will watch her other shows.

@Pecky I watched the show on and off because I had some other stuff to do, but watching the pieces that I did and rewinding some, I saw her wear all but maybe 2 or 3 of the items.  

I missed the very beginning but it looks like the concept is styling.  She starts with something basic and adds and accessorizes, I think he changed her base pieces once, or went down all the way and started over.  So it is meant to be a narrative.  I think all the pieces were presented as part of styling outfits.  Very enjoyable.

Esteemed Contributor

No models???  I agree some models would be good.  Laughing at myself because I didn't notice since I only watched the show at intervals (rewinding) since I was busy with other stuff.  I did notice at one point that Katrina seemed out of breath...

I don't know that I ever need to see a vendor.  I like to see those that are better than the presenters like Alina Villasante for  Peace Love World, Jamie Kern Lima when she did It Cosmetics.

Now "stilted" I don't understand.  Is it better and more "natural" to put items on a table or clothes rack and then move them around calling out the colors without seeing what they may look like if we wear them?

I would rather see Katrina explain how they might look with other things.

Esteemed Contributor

@QPrincess QVC publishes a program guide on this website.  You can find it in the dropdown menu to the right of the screen next to "ShopQVCTV."  This particular show is on Wednesdays at 9PM on Q2 and it was 2 hours long.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

What is Katrina's fashion background?  Anyone know?

@songbird There have been numerous threads on this topic.  The main thing is that she was a Vogue fashion editor for several years and knows everyone in the fashion industry.  She reminisces with her fashion guests on her Szish List shows on QVC Mondays at 1am ET.  She has fashion experts, vendors and models on that show.  I believe she did some TV reporting and red carpets.

I liked this show better than the Szish List because there was not as much reminiscing, which I don't need.  

She does curate the Szish List show and styles the models, so that part is interesting.  And it is interesting when the experts and vendors speak about the fashions and the styling.

Esteemed Contributor

Ended up watching the breaking news , but did watch the videos of her  show last night  on  some items she presented. To be honest , I did not care for  most of the clothes she presented. The Clear lucite bag with a leather handle was unique .  I do really  like to watch  her Szish list show and have ordered  clothes/ purses  that she has presented in the past . I think she was a bit  nervous as this was a new kickoff concept .

Amy Stran  can style  an outfit but she talks way to fast and rushes rushes  through items.  A show where some actually provides as visual on how to style and put together  items from  various lines is a plus.

Valued Contributor

I really enjoy the szish list. It is cohesive, themed. That appeals to me, even at 1 a.m.

I watched upgrade your look and was not expecting the szish list, nor did I get that.

I am expecting the upgrade your look shows in the future to have things that appeal to me more.

QVC2 usually uses screen presentations for any colors not on the set, and I find that disconcerting most of the time. I much prefer when the colors are all on the set. It doesn't keep me from watching QVC2, but it is a different presentation.