Respected Contributor

Have been looking online at many sites and also looking through YouTube and other websites at lots of fading trends....some are just shown as really unflattering or frumpy for anyone at any age. Some of the big things I don't see anywhere except QVC are 

tie dye, snake prints, wide-legged, short capris, chunky athletic shoes, French terry, floral or printed handbags, shoes with Velcro, and high-lo hems on tunics. These things seem to make up a huge part of what I see on QVC.

seems pretty clear that Q needs to update their entire fashion game. I no longer find a single thing I want as it all looks hopelessly outdated or boring. Something they call brand new is usually just a slightly different version of what they already sell. The cherry on top is they have jacked up prices so high it is just unreasonable for what they are showing. Am I the only one who has noticed this? 

Respected Contributor

I see the same things on HSN.  Hi-lo hems, snake prints, cold shoulder still on clearance. I wonder if the brands carried by the Q and HSN just produce too much of these items to begin with and it seems to take them so long to mark anything down. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe outdated to you.  For one, wide leg pants are back in style.  I see young (high school & college) girls wearing them.  Maybe Im wrong but arent capri's already short?  I see both tie and velcro shoes offered everywhere.  Some like the velcro due to having issues with being able to tie laces.

There is fashion for everyone and if QVC does not have what you like try shopping other websites.  I do.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23    I agree with you, however, they are pushing more "dresses" on us lately. Cat LOL

New trend I suppose. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Re: Updated fashion, please

[ Edited ]

Much of what I see on the fashion and shoes on these channels, I would never ever buy. Some of it I think sheesh who would wear that lol. Oh or handbags too. I dont really watch these shows but sometimes stop and look for a few minutes.Cat Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Easy solution.  Shop where you find the styles that appeal to you.  

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Have been looking online at many sites and also looking through YouTube and other websites at lots of fading trends....some are just shown as really unflattering or frumpy for anyone at any age. Some of the big things I don't see anywhere except QVC are 

tie dye, snake prints, wide-legged, short capris, chunky athletic shoes, French terry, floral or printed handbags, shoes with Velcro, and high-lo hems on tunics. These things seem to make up a huge part of what I see on QVC.

seems pretty clear that Q needs to update their entire fashion game. I no longer find a single thing I want as it all looks hopelessly outdated or boring. Something they call brand new is usually just a slightly different version of what they already sell. The cherry on top is they have jacked up prices so high it is just unreasonable for what they are showing. Am I the only one who has noticed this? 

Of course your thread has actually been proven because QVC's finanacials are dismal. Clothing sold at QVC seems to be overpriced for fabrics that just aren't worthy of the price tags. I ordered a few things recently and was very disappointed. Everything was oversized and you could see through the tops. And I must admit when I am out and about, I never see anyone wearing half the styles the Q sells.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

@Trailrun23  You say you look at many sites online and see lots of fading trends.  Curious to know what sites you are looking at, because I'm not seeing what you see.  Sites like JJill, chicos, anthropology, Sundance, soft surroundings, Ralph Lauren, to name a few are selling plenty of wide leg pants, French terry, Velcro fastened shoes (which have been around forever) and chunky athletic shoes are always out there, so have leather printed handbags.

I agree that new designers would up their game, but I don't agree that all they sell is outdated, though some offerings are.  For summer I mostly wear linen, gauze, and tencel pieces and the Q offers quite a few of those fabrics.  Prices are high everywhere.  Maybe you're looking in all the wrong places or being influenced by YouTube bloggers.  So I would say I disagree with you.

Honored Contributor

I can give an example of how QVC is missing the mark with their fashions. I ordered 3 of the Stan Herman TSV's from a few weeks ago. A so called "caftan" that I expected I could at least answer the door in if someone delivers a package. Well, they turned out to look a lot like a nightgown. I repurposed them into nightgowns. I would never answer the door in them. When I think of a caftan, I think of something you cannot see through.

Honored Contributor

I just get tired of seeing the same thing or variation of it ad nauseum.  But, I'm not QVC's target shopper since I really won't pay their prices unless it's on real clearance.  It's not clearance unless it's at least 50% off. 

Prints are just a preference thing.  I happen to like animal prints and tropical prints, but others don't.  That's not a trend thing although certain prints may become a trend.  

Wide leg pants are a trend now, but I can't wear them since I'm so short.  I don't care for capris, but I do see them around.