Trusted Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Good for you if you find things you like and love wearing them. I guess I was not very clear in my original post. I didn't say Q had NOTHING but outdated things, and never said wide-legged pants were outdated. I said wide-legged , short capris are unflattering and outdated....lots of trashing for my comments so I won't defend myself anymore, just hope people will actually read the post before going crazy with criticism. My only point was that Q sure could stand updating their fashion with some newer and fresher fashion. 

@Trailrun23 Tell me you didn't know you were in for it when you wrote your initial post? I agree with you but I don't expect QVC to be interested in my opinion.  

To those who cite compliments as verification that they dress well-- you do realize that compliments like, "You always look nice" and "I love that _____" are just a form of social lubricant, right?  Just like "Great seeing you!".....

Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 

I've removed my post and pics ... my comments were not meant to be criticisms, but rather a response to your last question "Am I the only one who has noticed this?"  I think most, if not all, posters were respectful in their answers, as well.   

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Have been looking online at many sites and also looking through YouTube and other websites at lots of fading trends....some are just shown as really unflattering or frumpy for anyone at any age. Some of the big things I don't see anywhere except QVC are 

tie dye, snake prints, wide-legged, short capris, chunky athletic shoes, French terry, floral or printed handbags, shoes with Velcro, and high-lo hems on tunics. These things seem to make up a huge part of what I see on QVC.

seems pretty clear that Q needs to update their entire fashion game. I no longer find a single thing I want as it all looks hopelessly outdated or boring. Something they call brand new is usually just a slightly different version of what they already sell. The cherry on top is they have jacked up prices so high it is just unreasonable for what they are showing. Am I the only one who has noticed this? 

@Trailrun23 So how come you shop here?  I simply don't understand why you put up with it.  Lots of other options now, so why do you shop here?  

Do some fashionable folks have suggestions for her?  She needs them I guess.  For me, I love non-trendy clothes, so QVC, Talbots and Appleseeds, Land's End and LL Bean have what I'm looking for.  

Respected Contributor

I think if someone doesn't think QVC is selling some current on trend items then I question their source of what's on trend.

Walk into stores at every price point and you'll see variations of what's being sold here from the cut of clothing, to the prints, to the seasonal colors. 

They may not be what everyone likes, but they are offered elsewhere. 

Not everyone feels capris are frumpy and unflattering. And yes the belled flair pants in capris and ankled length are out there, just like the slit leg in those sizes, and the beaded, and embroidered, or tassels or quilting in clothing and accessories. 

And they will  always carry some of what they have traditionally carried, because there is also a market for that.

No matter what they carry, there will always be some not satisfied. So why shop here?

Respected Contributor

QVC has an hour weekly show called The IT List.

Those are the so-called prevailing trends they want us to know about or they are calling the newest trends we should want to follow.

Dresses have been on IT several times and they're constantly reminding us how they are everywhere now.

Maybe the Q thinks they are the ones setting the trends. Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone should be able to wear, like or dislike clothing available for purchase without being criticized, and it also includes what they choose to spend. No need to defend your choices or opinions as long as comments aren't personal attacks.

As long as you are happy with your choices why should you care what anyone else thinks?  I don't care what you buy nor should you care what I buy!

Trusted Contributor

While driving in the car today I was listening to the radio.  They were talking about elders and retirement, etc  going broke. When I got out of the car I heard one person say "you got to watch out for those QVC senior's.   They shop on it like crazy. lol

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Have been looking online at many sites and also looking through YouTube and other websites at lots of fading trends....some are just shown as really unflattering or frumpy for anyone at any age. Some of the big things I don't see anywhere except QVC are 

tie dye, snake prints, wide-legged, short capris, chunky athletic shoes, French terry, floral or printed handbags, shoes with Velcro, and high-lo hems on tunics. These things seem to make up a huge part of what I see on QVC.

seems pretty clear that Q needs to update their entire fashion game. I no longer find a single thing I want as it all looks hopelessly outdated or boring. Something they call brand new is usually just a slightly different version of what they already sell. The cherry on top is they have jacked up prices so high it is just unreasonable for what they are showing. Am I the only one who has noticed this? 

@Trailrun23 So how come you shop here?  I simply don't understand why you put up with it.  Lots of other options now, so why do you shop here?  

Do some fashionable folks have suggestions for her?  She needs them I guess.  For me, I love non-trendy clothes, so QVC, Talbots and Appleseeds, Land's End and LL Bean have what I'm looking for.  

Many of us venting used to shop a lot here for clothing in years past. Styles were more current, classic and the fabrics were natural. An example was the sale of polyester sleepwear last week as a Big Deal. Years ago QVC sold silk and cotton.Look at the Home Page ...a polyester dress that looks like a nightgown.😳 

Real designers sold here. Maybe many of us are just wishing, with nostalgia, for QVC to be the company it once was.🥺

Trusted Contributor

My mom told me about diane Gilman and her silk blouses.  She said they were wonderful.  But that was many years ago.  I think I saw a few in her closet. This was HSN.

Trusted Contributor

The clothing on both QVC and HSN is a YAWN . It is the same old, same old and  BORING and NOT high quality.I buy and wear REAL designer clothing.