Respected Contributor

Update on alteration of BD beach poncho

Well, I've wear-tested the stiched up beach poncho several times now, on days when it was dry but cool to cold outside.  Last week, when it was in the mid-20's overnight and mid-30's in the day, that poncho over a simple turtleneck kept me toasty warm, even when the wind was gusting and blowing.  No gap of fabric on the sides, letting the wind reach my body to chill me!  As to looks, there is so much fabric under the arms that the fact that I closed the formerly open part doesn't even really show, especially on the dark indigo color.  I like the results of stitching it together this way so much that I may buy a second color if it ever goes on sale or clearance, because it is so soft and comfy and warm.  Because I altered the poncho, I now have a useful, cute garment of a style I don't see coming and going, which I would not have had if I had just given up and sent it back.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on alteration of BD beach poncho

I remember your post @CamilleP, glad you went ahead with that simple alteration that made it just right for you.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Hedge!

Honored Contributor

@CamillePI remember your post too.  Glad it worked and now you have a BD poncho you love.  Thanks for letting us know.