Respected Contributor

Update on Does anyone look good with taupe next to their face?

Back in October I ordered a Barefoot Dreams beach poncho in the "stone/blue" color combination, but the color I got was not what I saw on the Q's website, so I returned it for the indigo color in exchange.  A couple of weeks or so ago there was a BD TSV cardigan, and they put the beach poncho on sale, so I watched a presentation and decided to order the "stone/blue" combo again, and it came today.  Just exactly what was shown on air and on the website, a pale creamy beige with blue stripes.  What I got the first time had to have been the wrong color, sent to me by mistake.  (The item number is A280186.)  I think I got the graphite/linen color instead of stone/blue, no wonder I couldn't reconcile the color I got, I must have been imagining the blue-ish tone to the stripes, because the base tone of the first poncho was way, way darker than what I got in the mail today!  What a relief.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on Does anyone look good with taupe next to their face?

Taupe is a difficult color ... there are so many "shades" of taupe.  

Some I can wear ... 

Respected Contributor

Taupe looks terrible on me (fair, blonde).  I think taupe looks okay on ladies with dark hair and deeper skin tones.

Trusted Contributor

Funny, I just bought a taupe sweater and know I have to accessorize it with a bright or deep color scarf or a fun necklace.

It will be used to highlight my accessories and blend into the background.

My skin tone is fair and my eyes and hair are a deep brown.

Without some help, taupe will wash me out.

Respected Contributor

I don’t usually like taupe. To me it looks dull and flat.

But ... I have a Vince Camuto down coat that is a beautiful, warm taupe. Not the usual brown gray.  I paid full price for it from HSN and would pay full price for another one if I could only find it. I love it that much.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on your complexion and hair whether or not you like the gray/pink/brown taupe or the goldish taupe.  I like the gray/pink/brown taupe because my hair is gray and my eyes are blue.  I once had red hair and was a few years younger and my complexion was different and therefore, I wore the goldish taupe better.  Something for every skin and hair color.