Honored Contributor

Re: Partnership with Marimekko: It’s Finnish, Target Style!

ABV-Project-Koko-Header (1).jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I thought they went out of business decades ago!  Been there, done that!!

Honored Contributor

A lot of 1960's designs are coming back in fashion -- I like it.  Most of these bold prints I won't wear, but some of them I really like.  Looking forward to checking them out.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Respected Contributor

After theTarget Lilly Pulitzer partnership launch debacle I am done with these projects.

People rush the stores to buy up everything to sell on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl, thanks for sharing this! Although we have two Super Targets, I only go in about once or twice a year, so would have missed this line. Adorable prints, they give me a feel-good past vibe. These two will be coming home with me:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I love the bold colors and prints; however, I cannot wear them except perhaps in a tank to be worn under a jacket or maybe some PJ's.

As for those prints in household items -  love them, but I bet I'd find them jarring with what I already own and I'm just not ready to start all over.  I would buy paper products though.

Frequent Contributor

Love ther desgns.  Won't be able to buy because they never have enough stoc.!!

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

ABV-Project-Koko-Header (1).jpg

@Chi-town girl  Thanks for the heads up, I have a "thing" for tableware!Heart  I hope this goes better than the Lilly craziness last year.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack - I also like those tops + flip flops!

@IlliniGirl88 - Hoping to pick up some of the tableware to use for outdoor parties.

Best strategy is to make a list. Set up an online login with Target. Stay up for the launch Saturday nite or set your alarm. 

Pick up your top choices online as soon as it launches. I will typically place multiple online orders b/c your cart is not held for any length of time like Q allows for an hour. I have a Target Red card- free shipping, no minimums.

Check store availability for your area. Not every store will carry the inventory. Be at the store when it opens & don't forget your list.

In about 7-10 days returns may pop up in your local store since online purchases can be returned to any store. I've picked up returned items for up a month after a launch.

Yes, these Target events are crazy & I wish Target would better manage it to reduce the eBay sellers grabbing everything. My attitude is that I know I won't get everything I want, but I'm usually able to pick up some items off my wish list at launch both online & in the store + a few more with store returns.

Saw one of the tv ad's this morning promoting the black & white items- well done!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I have seen the commercials for this and now with @Chi-town girl photos they have some great things.

I was inadvertently at the launch of the Missoni line (I was just there to buy household products so I was stunned to see what happened as I didn't have a clue that this was coming).

Organized people/groups taking armloads of garments off of the racks and leaving nothing for folks that would have liked to buy something.  And because of these people hoarding the garments, customers were walking through the store with their cell phones trying to purchase something and the website crashed . . . it was beyond bizarre but I am sure that Target has taken steps to combat their initial issues.

This line looks like a lot of fun and I wish them the best in their launch (and hopefully Target has addressed previous issues).