Respected Contributor

I would take a wrap you can use around your shoulders when you get cool at dinner. A hoodie or jacket would take up a lot more room. A think pashmina-type wrap can be rolled thin and take up almost no room. If you want a jacket or hoodie, be wearing it when you board the ship and when you are leaving to go home.

Honored Contributor

If you really need a light wrap, why not a shrug?  That would be the easiest and lightest I'd think.  And it wouldn't fall off and be hard to handle at dinner.  

Trusted Contributor

You may not need a jacket off the ship but you definately need a warm because they keep it freezing cold. Also a rain jacket might be handy, but not necessary.  I took cloths I could mix and match. On a 7 day cruise I only used one suitcase. They do have laundry rooms or you can pay extra and have ethem wash or iron. Enjoy!!!!! Take plenty of sun screen.

@fairydogmother wrote:

July 8-16. Eastern Caribbean. Have read many articles on what to take. Thought I'd ask actual people this question- will I need a jacket or a hoodie? It's going to be hot. I hate to waste luggage space if that's something I won't really need ??

Super Contributor

Re: Upcoming cruise packing

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother Just returned this past week from a 15 day Caribbean cruise. You definitely do not need a jacket or a hoodie! Very hot there! 

You may want to pack a light sweater for evenings on the ship. 

Also, here is a tip from someone who cruises alot... put everything you are considering packing out on your bed, then only take half of it! Smiley Very Happy

Have a fabulous time on your cruise!!!

Respected Contributor

@Major Shopper wrote:

@fairydogmother Just returned this past week from a 15 day Caribbean cruise. You definitely do not need a jacket or a hoodie! Very hot there! 

You may want to pack a light sweater for evenings on the ship. 

Also, here is a tip from someone who cruises alot... put everything you are considering packing out on your bed, then only take half of it! Smiley Very Happy

Have a fabulous time on your cruise!!!

Great advice! I was up late, revising my list again-I need to realize that no one is gonna care or remember if I wear the same thing twice. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  I think the cardigan is the wisest choice ......you might not want to wear a hoodie or jacket to the dining room if the air conditioning is cranked up and the cardigan looks a bit nicer. . 

We have been on many cruises and I finally started packing some of my clothing on my own hangers in my suitcase - group some together and roll around the hangers.  When I get to my room, I just unpack and hang them up....I don't have to worry about transferring everything from my luggage to the ship's hangers and I know I'll always have enough hangers. I also don't worry about wrinkled clothing  too much...the wrinkles fall out. 

Jewelry-wise, my personal experience - is that I tend to change my earrings quite a bit but hardly ever wear all the necklaces I take.  So I pack fewer necklaces and I keep all of my jewelry, phone, wallet n the room safe when not in the room. My current tablet fits in the wall safe but my new one probably won't.  I trust the crew, but not all other passengers..

I hope you have so much fun!

Trusted Contributor

I would definitely take a jacket or two for the inside only of course.

I'm from SoFlo and it's freezing everywhere inside.  I keep a jacket in my car always just like an umbrella.  have fun!

Respected Contributor

Def bring a light layer jacket. Its often cold in the AC. I know a lot of posters here dislike SGs Liquid Knit but I love it for travel, no wrinkles, ever! That's my go-to travel tops. 

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Def bring a light layer jacket. Its often cold in the AC. I know a lot of posters here dislike SGs Liquid Knit but I love it for travel, no wrinkles, ever! That's my go-to travel tops. 

I have several liquid knit shrugs so I'll take one of those. Can roll them up, unpack and they look perfect

Harmonize the World
Super Contributor
I am always freezing in the dining rooms
so for me a lightweight 3rd layers. Have a great time.