Frequent Contributor

I know not a great subject for the holiday today but it is an annoyance that begs discussion.  I rely on panty liners to stay fresh as do many out there.  But on some types of underwear the liners just don't stay put.  They crawl down your leg, they invert and become most uncomfortable. What to do?  I have found that boyshort styles are the worst for keeping things in place.  I have several pairs of Jockey Skimmies that I would like to wear, but I don't like to be tortured so what to do?  I have learned a couple of things in my pursuit for comfort and freshness. One is the adhesive on all liners are not the same.  Store brand liners that I used for ages seemed to be fine, but in retrospect their adhesives were not nearlly as good as name brands.  Am I the last person in the world to pick up on this?  And also other boy shorts, like my fav Ellen Tracy, work with liners when my Jockey Skimmers do not (for me at least).  I would welcome any words of wisdom on this. 

Respected Contributor

@Black Pony I haven't had any problems with liners as long as I'm wearing briefs...whether the liners are brand-name or store-brand. I wear light shaper briefs to work every day, and cotton briefs when at home--they all stay put. But I can't wear liners with Skimmies either. I only wear the Skimmies when I wear skirts/dresses (mostly in the summer) to keep my legs from chafing. I just wear my briefs with a liner under them.

Honored Contributor

Sing it sister.  I have the Jockey as well and know exactly what you're saying.

I have toyed with the idea of a fabric liner.  Reviews they they work hit or miss depending on the fabric of your panties.  So it may be trading one problem for another.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Cotton crotch - no problem

Honored Contributor

The problem I have is the fabric content on the briefs that I wear.  I like some that are microfiber, but the panty liner doesn't stick to that fabric.  They, apparently need cotton to adhere properly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Pony

You're right as nylon microfiber panties like the Genie or Rhonda Shear or similar styles knit on a Santoni machine are the worst as the adhesive on a pantyliner will not stick well to that material. I'm not sure what the solution is except to wear a different brand of underwear.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

The problem I have is the fabric content on the briefs that I wear.  I like some that are microfiber, but the panty liner doesn't stick to that fabric.  They, apparently need cotton to adhere properly.

This is the issue I have, as well. And I've noticed they don't stick to some types of cotton easily, either. I have some panties from Victoria's Secret and nothing would stick until I had washed them many, many times. After months of washing and wearing, something changed, maybe the fibers became a little rougher, and things started sticking.

But cotton is usually the answer.

Trusted Contributor

I only need when I have cold or bronchitis. I have the most problem with those that have the wrap around wings.

Off topic but remember when pads were the size of small mattresses. And those awful belts before adhesive.

Honored Contributor

If the belt didn't show, it would be an option.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Thought I was the only one with this problem.   I only now wear Victoria Secret Pink boyshorts since I do not like elastic digging into my hips and waist (but they are 100% cotton) .... and yes, the adhesive has a problem ... and it's due to the many seams "in that area."    Had no problem when wearing my Sears white old lady designs.  

PS: I'm a baby boomer and I'm in that last category.   Good luck with your dilemma, and believe me, it is REAL~!