Respected Contributor

Re: Unbuttoned jeans

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags @ECBG @Bookplate @Sage04 @Trinity11 @SilleeMee@kaydee50  Several years ago, I saw a TV documentary on a men's prison. It seems that is where the style of wearing pants so low, that underwear shows originated. The prisoners explained that it was a signal to other men in the prison that they

were available for a "date".

Rappers imitated that unfortunate style of wearing their pants. I wonder if they even knew what it meant. Kids imitated the rappers. I wonder how many would be wearing their pants that way, if they knew the real meaning and what it signaled.

Could these girls with unbuttoned and folded down pants, be sending some kind of signal?

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@shoesnbags @ECBG @Bookplate @Sage04 @Trinity11 @SilleeMee@kaydee50  Several years ago, I saw a documentary on  a men's prison. It seems that is where the style of wearing pants so low, that underwear shows originated. The prisoners explained that it was a signal to other men in the prison that they

were available for a "date".

Rappers imitated that unfortunate style of wearing their pants. I wonder if they even knew what it meant. Kids imitated the rappers. I wonder how many would be wearing their pants that way, if they knew the real meaning and what it signaled.

Could these girls with unbuttoned and folded down pants, be sending some kind of signal?

@Enufstuff  you are so right. I wanted to say it but I decided not to. I've always heard that and the word "available" all went together.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 @Trinity11 

OH MY goodness!!!  I just found the post I thought I deleated!  Holy cow!  Yesterday I ran like a bunny rabbit!  

Thanks ladies!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sage04 @Trinity11 

OH MY goodness!!!  I just found the post I thought I deleated!  Holy cow!  Yesterday I ran like a bunny rabbit!  

Thanks ladies!Smiley Happy

I removed my replies since I saw you asked the mod to delete your photos @ECBG . Otherwise it looked like I was seeing things...🤪

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Thank you for having my back!😉

Honored Contributor

I Googled a few images too. Oh, my! 😱 I will skip this trend. I have read low rise is coming back though. I'm not a fan of low rise pants or jeans in any form. I prefer a mid rise.