Honored Contributor

I just got a catalog from here, and there are a lot of cute things. It is for larger sizes, and I wondered if any of you has experience with this company. Any information about quality and sizing would be much appreciated. TIA.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Ulla Popken

[ Edited ]

This company has some beautiful printed tees in their catalog but I don't think the quality warrants a price of $60. I won't buy unless they have a 30% off sale with free shipping.  Then they sell for about what QVC charges.  Also, they screw up orders on a regular basis.  Once they charged my entire order to another customer, and charged me the wrong amount.  Recently they sent me the wrong item which I returned but they never credited my account.  They fix these things but they make too many mistakes.

Sizes run large.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would be willing to purchase a dress even if it was a little big,but there are no petites.

Contributor

Re: Ulla Popken

[ Edited ]

Yes, Ulla Popken does have some nice tops, tees & tunics, and I have always found the quality to be very good.  What I like most is that they offer a great deal of 100% cotton...and quality cotton...and that many of the tops are unique and colorful.  I have ordered maybe 3x, and I was pleased with all the items.  

I do agree that this company is pricey (on the line of Coldwater Creek or J. Jill) and as @Kachina624@ mentioned, with a coupon or discount code for 20-30%off & free shipping...the only way I can afford to buy...you get a decent price for unique, quality clothing.

I recently bought a nice princess-seamed tunic that has several printed panels of various fabrics.  I knew from the description it was going to need to be shortened, but it is so pretty that it was worth the alterations.   I also have an animal-printed heavy tee shirt I bought several years ago that has worn and washed well and is still in good condition.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Valued Contributor

This is my primary shopping catalogue.  They are pricey, but the quality of their clothing is very good.  They offer me discounts on a regular basis...sometimes 40% off new merchandise and 75% off older stuff..and they have flat rate shipping.  The company is now based in Germany instead of Maryland, but I still received my last order within 6 days.  On the down side, they offer only a couple of styles of pants in petite length.  Their other pants are way too long for me.  Sizing is normally spot on for me, a little generous maybe, but they do offer a variety of fits, slim, over-sized, straight-leg, wide-leg, etc.  Even though I'm older, they offer some very stylish clothing along with basics.  They even have a line of dressy clothing.  I probably get 4-5 large orders a year.  Some of my pieces are at least 10 years old.  Also, because they are based in Germany, some bank cards are not accepted.  I have never had any major problems, but there has been a few mistakes which the company did correct.  

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I would be willing to purchase a dress even if it was a little big,but there are no petites.

@Group 5 minus 1

I have to get the dresses shorten.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all, I get the best info here, you never disappoint. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan