Honored Contributor

Do you have one? I have never purchased or worn one, but this new one from Swiss Miss looks cute!

F6214B0E-2732-40DB-BFFB-B44897875B3F.jpeg

Swiss Miss' ugly holiday sweater — which first dropped in November 2021 — is officially coming back in time for the 2022 holiday season. According to a press release, the Swiss Miss sweater has a new sequin design on the pocket this year.

You can swipe the sequins up and down to read, "I am Sweet," or "I am Hot." The sweater is adorned with the classic blue mountain Swiss Miss logo and the insulated zipper pocket aims to keep your tumbler of hot cocoa nice and warm. This year's sweater is truly embracing all the senses by adding a hot chocolate scent to the sweater. Instead of just looking like a box of Swiss Miss, you can smell like it too.

The sweater comes in a variety of sizes from S-3X and sells for $59.95. The price is up significantly from 2021 when each sweater was $44.95, but this year's sweater does technically come with additional features.

The sweaters will be released for purchase on November 3 at UglyChristmasSweater dot com. There's no word on how many sweaters will be available, just that there will be limited quantities. If you're needing a cocoa-themed holiday gift or something to wear to an ugly sweater party, it's best to get a jump on the sweater asap.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

My husband's work does an ugly Christmas sweater contest - it's fun!

Honored Contributor

Got a great one at a garage sale for $3.00. It is red and green cardigan argyle pattern w/sloths.

Super Contributor
I don’t have any occasion to wear one. I have found , unless they are purchased second hand, that they are just as expensive as really nice holiday sweaters🤔
Respected Contributor

I love 'ugly' holiday sweaters. I have a couple some would call ugly. I don't, though. I just call them fun. You're right, the Swiss Miss one IS cute, and it has features LOL.

Respected Contributor

I have a really ugly one that I got at Meijer.  It even has bells on it so people can hear AND see me coming! 

Trusted Contributor

I like vintage sweaters that are now considered ugly, like ones from Tiara International (look on ebay).  I don't like the cheap ones you can buy now.  I have two old Christmas sweaters that I wear.  I'm sure some consider them ugly, but they are not over-the-top ugly. 

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a sweater from Land's End last year that Isn't an ugly sweater...but a cute winter sweater.  It was called "Amelia Bearhart".   It has the face of a bear with aviator glasses on and a neck scarf waving in the wind.  Cute and funny.  

Respected Contributor

The sweater is growing on me. I think it may be cuter in person. 

I use to think those holiday NFL sweaters with the lights were ugly. Now I sort of like them.

Honored Contributor

Today i went to bj's ,they had a table full of ugly sweaters!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.