Honored Contributor

Oh no, that's really bad.  Looks like denim.  Is it Denim & Co.?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugliest thing ever ...

[ Edited ]

@kelliegirl56 

First, Tencel or it's generic name lyocell is drapy.  Instead of sticking out from the legs, normally it would drape down over the legs.  The cut might be OK, again if the fabric draped.  Not familiar with QVC's Tencera, but have some pieces of Tencel, more well known.  Both are lyocell.

One possible reason the pants are sticking out like this is because they look like they were ironed.  If lyocell is pulled too tight or stretched when ironed, the fabric has a tendency to look puffy.  It looks like this happened with these pants.  

Next, they are too small for this model.  Look how they hug her backside and crotch in the front and back.  Lyocell is worn loose.  

$128 is not unusual for better quality lyocell.  You can find lower prices, though.  It is more costly to make. 

For those wondering what is lyocell?  Depends on who you talk to, it's sometimes called a natural fabric, made from wood pulp...cellulose, but some say it isn't or it's a combination natural and synthetic because the process uses solvents to extract cellulose (natural) from the wood and that the process is manmade.   Some people like to argue about this, but I'm with those saying lyocell is a natural fabric because wood and cellulose are not synthetic.  

Before I gave up on these pants, I'd like to see several models wear them ironed properly and in the sizes that fit.

This photo is very uncomplimentary for what could be very nice pants.  

Honored Contributor

QVC is notorious for really bad still shots! Especially when it comes to pants! To be fair they didn't look as hideous in the live presentations

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugliest thing ever ...

[ Edited ]

Lyocell is not a natural fabric nor is it synthetic. It falls between the two where the lyocell fibers are created from natural (wood pulp) then made into fabric. Lyocell is not natural because it does not exist in nature and is created by man. The process involves chemical treatment of cellulose to break it down to fibers.

Respected Contributor

When it doesn't look good on the model, it's a NO. This would be really bad on a short, chubby woman.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50   anyone remember when these were soooo popular in denim?  back in the 80's ?  

let me think, we wore them with my cork platform sandals, that are back in BTW.

Honored Contributor

Just awful😧

Respected Contributor

Where to start?  Replace the waist band...it's thick enough to have it's own consulate.  Smooth out the transition from waist to hem, eliminating the bulk around the hip  area.  Slim down the width and cut it on the bias, thus making it drape around the body.

Oh wait, I designed a whole new "pant".  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I have seen worse on Monday nights than these pants.

On the right person with heels, not me, they could look alright.

Trusted Contributor

The picture of the darker shade has crotch wrinkles!

Come on, people!

Attention to detail, QVC?