Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@emmysmom I know you are feeling bad for your son and what mother wouldn't?Why does he stay working for a company that doesn't take care to keep their employees safe?If he likes his job then suggest that he move to Washington state...we don't get much hot weather but we can get a little chilly during the winter..I feel bad for your son and for you because I know as a mom you are going to worry about his safety more than he will.I don't think there are any solutions to keeping those trucks cool as the doors are open too much but he could ask customers where he drops items to spray him with a hose and maybe that could

help him stay a little cooler.

Hopefully he will look for another job..thats what I'm hoping! No one should put up with this! I'd like to move to Washington myself!! xoxo

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains personal information.

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

OP, obviously your son doesn't mind the conditions since he's been there 5 years and sounds like he's there for the long haul. I can't understand why he continues to work there.

Maybe because he needs a job?  Smiley Frustrated

And whatever the reason, it doesn't lessen his mother's concerns about him any more.  Just sayin'.

Thanks Venezia!!, seems like I'm under attack..I know there are many other companies that also have deplorable conditions..but my son DID have a heat stroke..guess that doesn't mean much to some of you! His boss just got out of the hospital after having one as well....I wasn't asking for sympathy, just stated some facts about UPS. Thats great that SOME of the UPS facilities are great, the one where my son isn't. SO sorry I posted!!

Don't be sorry you posted!  I am sorry for your son, and for all people who have to work in the awful heat and humidity.  It IS hard on people, and I just wanted to post so that we should think about what a lot of workers go through to support everyone.  

Again, I am sorry about your son's situation.