Valued Contributor

Pretty much every shipping hub is like this.  It is awful.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@emmysmom - Don't let all the comments get to you.  Discussions are bound to go off in all kinds of directions, given the diversity of people on the boards.  And, yes, we know there are all kinds of hard jobs out there and I know that wasn't the point you were trying to make.

You have every right to post your son's experience and your own feelings.  Sending (((good thoughts))) in your direction!  Heart

@emmysmom - I had already logged off, but then read your last post & wanted to tell you that I agree with @Venezia. You need to have thick skin here on this forum, ignore the ignorant & nasty ones - don't let them get to you, as it is the intention of some that get off on it.

You're stronger than you realize. Just laugh when you read these so called 'experts' on everything from jobs/careers, martial/relationships, fashion, medical. Many of them haven't held jobs, don't have good marriages, & based on some of the comments posted here, lack style. It never fails to crack me up.

I'm glad you posted to bring awareness about that facility & the issue of dehydration/ heat related illnesses. Hope your son feels better soon & the same goes to all that work or endure harsh conditions for any reason! Maybe a medical leave would be good for the short term. Keep us posted!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@emmysmom - Don't let all the comments get to you.  Discussions are bound to go off in all kinds of directions, given the diversity of people on the boards.  And, yes, we know there are all kinds of hard jobs out there and I know that wasn't the point you were trying to make.

You have every right to post your son's experience and your own feelings.  Sending (((good thoughts))) in your direction!  Heart

@emmysmom - I had already logged off, but then read your last post & wanted to tell you that I agree with @Venezia. You need to have thick skin here on this forum, ignore the ignorant & nasty ones - don't let them get to you, as it is the intention of some that get off on it.

You're stronger than you realize. Just laugh when you read these so called 'experts' on everything from jobs/careers, martial/relationships, fashion, medical. Many of them haven't held jobs, don't have good marriages, & based on some of the comments posted here, lack style. It never fails to crack me up.

I'm glad you posted to bring awareness about that facility & the issue of dehydration/ heat related illnesses. Hope your son feels better soon & the same goes to all that work or endure harsh conditions for any reason! Maybe a medical leave would be good for the short term. Keep us posted!

Thank you SO much Chi..you are a class act and I appreciate your comments! On a positive note. I received 2 of Giuliana's jackets yesterday..both fit perfectly,(even though one was an xxs and another was xs)..my friend reminded me that high end brands are usually vanity sized! I'm expecting 2 more this week..so very happy with my purchases! She'll be back on the end of this month~xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@nagrom wrote:

emmysmom ,  sorry you feel that you were disrespected in this post.   You are a very caring person.   Don't stop posting and please continue to be yourself.  You are an great asset to these boards and a loving person.  Life hasn't always been easy but you are a survivor that has remained positive and caring.   One of the best.   How's the pupster doing?   Must be full grown by now.  Would love to see a pic?   

I don't post very often or check out the boards much.   Facebook is something I tend to be more active on.  Do you ever do Facebook?

What a sweetheart! Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I have a facebook page, I am an animal activist and I also share inspirational posts about God. My pupster is doing great..such a lover! Please share your FB info..if you want..I would love to post! You ARE a gem! xoxo (You made my day!)

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Thanks so much..I appreciate your comments! You're a sweetie! xoxo

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@emmysmom

has anything improved for your son yet?

Honored Contributor

The heat here in the NYC METRO area is horrific, and DH and I are having air conditioning installed!

Thanks to this thread, we will be stocking the fridge with cold water and seltzer, and telling our installers to help themselves.

Thanks, Nice Ladies, for reminding me of this!

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom I know you are feeling bad for your son and what mother wouldn't?Why does he stay working for a company that doesn't take care to keep their employees safe?If he likes his job then suggest that he move to Washington state...we don't get much hot weather but we can get a little chilly during the winter..I feel bad for your son and for you because I know as a mom you are going to worry about his safety more than he will.I don't think there are any solutions to keeping those trucks cool as the doors are open too much but he could ask customers where he drops items to spray him with a hose and maybe that could help him stay a little cooler.

Super Contributor

emmysmom,   I'm on Facebook under my name.   Jane Arneal.  I will keep this up for awhile and then delete.

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@emmysmom

has anything improved for your son yet?

Hi Justice..its 92 now, about noon here..he goes to work at 4p..the heat index will be above 100..a heat advisory is in effect..so I pray he drinks alot of water..thankfully it should be cooler the rest of the week. Thanks for asking! xox

-- Mae West