Valued Contributor

Re: “UPPING” MY STAY AROUND/RUN ERRANDS LOOK

My at home style of dressing year round are bootcut yoga pants and v neck t-shirt. I will wear leggings occasionally. No makeup. Maybe some lipstick if I feel I look a bit tired. 

Grocery store, I wear jeans and minimal makeup.

Going out somewhere usually jeans, nicer shirt or blouse, a bit more makeup and I curl my hair. 

I try to keep fit and am diligent about skincare so that I can just throw on anything and feel that I look good. I am high maintenance when it comes to fitness and skincare, so that I can be low maintenance in makeup and fashion. If that makes sense.

We all should do what works best for our lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

KUDOS to you for doing that extra lil' something for yourself! I seldom go anywhere without makeup. Of course, some days I wear more than others. I love to be put together-sometimes casually, sometimes dressy. Even when I dress "down", I like a little bling or embellishment, eyeliner, a light pink/peach blush, and I am set. I went through a period in my life when I just did not care.Thankfully, those days are history. At the end of the day, It's all about how YOU feel.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   Love the nic! Thanks for your thoughts. In my case, since my work is from home, it's quite easy to fall into the ripped jeans and tees ensemble. I care too much about my appearance to leave to run errands looking that way, so found I relunctantly waited until another day to get things done. That's not me. I don't procrastinate. Upping my game to nicer jeans and top and a swipe of makeup first thing when getting dressed, gave me the freedom to do what I please during the day...in or out of the house. I've seen many women over 60 & 70 here that "gave up". They may be retired, empty nesters, no husband or significant other to get prettied up for, but it's downhill from looking messy to I just don't care about how I look anymore. I was no where close to that, but I'm sure many of these women I've seen started where I was and did not catch it or notice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

KUDOS to you for doing that extra lil' something for yourself! I seldom go anywhere without makeup. Of course, some days I wear more than others. I love to be put together-sometimes casually, sometimes dressy. Even when I dress "down", I like a little bling or embellishment, eyeliner, a light pink/peach blush, and I am set. I went through a period in my life when I just did not care.Thankfully, those days are history. At the end of the day, It's all about how YOU feel.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   Love the nic! Thanks for your thoughts. In my case, since my work is from home, it's quite easy to fall into the ripped jeans and tees ensemble. I care too much about my appearance to leave to run errands looking that way, so found I relunctantly waited until another day to get things done. That's not me. I don't procrastinate. Upping my game to nicer jeans and top and a swipe of makeup first thing when getting dressed, gave me the freedom to do what I please during the day...in or out of the house. I've seen many women over 60 & 70 here that "gave up". They may be retired, empty nesters, no husband or significant other to get prettied up for, but it's downhill from looking messy to I just don't care about how I look anymore. I was no where close to that, but I'm sure many of these women I've seen started where I was and did not catch it or notice. 

@Shanus, best not to make judgments on how women should look. Many favor no makeup and very casual clothes. That is not a strike against nor a matter of being messy, going downhill, or giving up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3   In my opinion, it appears that some women have given up on how they look. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Now why does this topic remind me of that 1964 Jack Jones song "Wives and Lovers"? LOL (just kidding)

@Trinity11 

I really dislike that song & its message. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just at Whole Foods standing in a very long line....lots of women on line....I could not tell you about the makeup/clothing (other than winter coats on all) for one single person there.  I just don't notice/critique that stuff on others (unless I admire a handbag etc).

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Now why does this topic remind me of that 1964 Jack Jones song "Wives and Lovers"? LOL (just kidding)

@Trinity11 

I really dislike that song & its message. 

@wilma , myself also. It always struck me as an antiquated viewpoint on how women should look in order to keep their husband interested. I was only 11 or so when I first heard it and found it ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

“Gave up” can mean very different things to different people. I have a lot of friends who color their hair because they think gray hair is “giving up.” That’s why I refuse to judge other women my age on their appearance. No one factor determines giving up.

For me “giving up” is refusing to learn something new...having nothing to do with physical appearance.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  you are skating on thin ice ,when you start making comments about other peoples grooming and  choices.

Please think back to a time this happened before..I hate to see you  in a situation like that again

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get that my expression "giving up" may have offended some others. Maybe I'm more observant because my business is appearance. In either case, it was judgemental.  Apologies.