Honored Contributor

Re: “UPPING” MY STAY AROUND/RUN ERRANDS LOOK

@Shanus wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

So nice to see the nasty posters felt the need to come out here.  Nothing classy about judging or criticizing what others choose to do in their life. We are all entitled to do what makes us happy and do what makes us feel comfortable. Never in a million years would I put on makeup and get dressed up everyday. That is what retirement is all about for some of us.

@RetRN   Excuse me for being blunt, but that sounded like a put down for those who do choose to put on makeup, etc. every day. That's exactly what you stated isn't classy, right? Happy Holidays.

I CLEARLY stated we are all entitled to do what makes us happy and do what makes us feel comfotable. NOWHERE did I put down anyone. Please ignore my posts since you find them offensive and read into them things that are not there.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    I only get "fixed up" as I call it when I leave the house to run errands etc. Otherwise I am in sweats or jammys all day... no makeup....   I really enjoy not having to get dressed or put makeup on these past  7 years since not working.  Am still enjoying my down time. 

I can see where we can get into a slump and just stop caring about ourselves.  Good for you for doing something to change that if that is how you were feeling. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus    I only get "fixed up" as I call it when I leave the house to run errands etc. Otherwise I am in sweats or jammys all day... no makeup....   I really enjoy not having to get dressed or put makeup on these past  7 years since not working.  Am still enjoying my down time. 

I can see where we can get into a slump and just stop caring about ourselves.  Good for you for doing something to change that if that is how you were feeling. 

@SeaMaiden   It wasn't that I stopped caring, but rather putting things off I needed to get done in the afternoon because I'd just done skincare in the morning and thinking about spf, blush, lipstick & concealer...and then taking it all off after dinner if in for the evening. Clothing wise, I did feel I could be comfy and less sloppy. I didn't want to continue that way and end up sliding downhill. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Thanks.

Don't worry 'bout me.  I handle myself well.  I too, am an attractive and prominent woman.  Maybe someone will emulate me someday.   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Shanus   Thanks.

Don't worry 'bout me.  I handle myself well.  I too, am an attractive and prominent woman.  Maybe someone will emulate me someday.   Woman Very Happy

@Carmie   I'm sure they would like to try. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't see dressing and looking nicely as a rule.  It is a simple matter of what you think of yourself and how you show respect to yourself and others. 

And I think it greatly affects how we feel about ourselves.  For me, I know it does.  I have more energy if I look presentable. 

I'm not sure what you are saying here.  I don't look at someone who chooses not to wear make-up as thinking less of herself or being disrespectful.  There are a lot of women who look beautiful without make-up.  In fact some look better without it than with it.

@Lipstickdiva   I look fine without makeup, but because I'm so fair, I prefer to show my face with a little color on it. I doubt if respect is the right word. Maybe it's just how you feel with none, a little or a full face of makeup. Every one is different. 

Trusted Contributor

Good for you.  I workout every morning, shower, do my hair and makeup and put on something nice.  Staying in shape and looking my best has always been a priority for me.   Even if I’m staying home, I will put on a great pair of jeans or leggings, a nice sweater and ankle boots or my Vionic slippers.  I have always been conscious of how I look/dress.  I have neve bern a sweatpants/sweatshirt person and neither is my husband.  He always dresses nice even when we are hanging around the house.

Honored Contributor

@Danielle46 wrote:

Good for you.  I workout every morning, shower, do my hair and makeup and put on something nice.  Staying in shape and looking my best has always been a priority for me.   Even if I’m staying home, I will put on a great pair of jeans or leggings, a nice sweater and ankle boots or my Vionic slippers.  I have always been conscious of how I look/dress.  I have neve bern a sweatpants/sweatshirt person and neither is my husband.  He always dresses nice even when we are hanging around the house.

@Danielle46   Just to be clear, I "upped" my game. I didn't go to full makeup and wouldn't wear ankle boots around the house. I keep skincare always the 1st priority and added spf, a little concealer under my eyes, cream blush and lipstick/gloss. Comfy jeans, sweater or nice heavy weight tee...always earrings, but shoes are still my comfortable Clark's slip ons or sneakers...not the gym type, but purchased what I call "dressy sneakers". 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have to admit, I've been feeling a little sloppy on days I have nothing special planned. When clearing out my closet, I delegated my older jeans, tees and sweaters to my "at home" pile. I stopped putting on any makeup on days I wasn't sure I had to run errands.

As the huge sales started, I purchased some inexpensive jeans more boyfriend/girlfriend style for comfort and a few nice longer cardigan sweaters to wear over my tees to be warm in the house minus the old sweatshirt look. 

A little blush and pink gloss makes me feel brighter and ready to start the day. 

When DH came home for dinner last night, he noticed immediately and asked if I went out to lunch or stayed in as planned. 

A few small changes, but I feel like I made an effort for myself. 

Good for youSmiley Happy  I have seen ladies wearing those footed pajamas in the stores.  I love being casual, however you can be casual and look nice.  It has been cold where I live so I wear a nice pair of leggings a nice top and my lamo or bear paws boots.  I usually do not wear scarves or hats.  But I found a hat and infinity scarf set that I have had for over a year and never wore so I put them on and got compliments from people how nice I looked lol.  Small changes do make a difference.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

KUDOS to you for doing that extra lil' something for yourself! I seldom go anywhere without makeup. Of course, some days I wear more than others. I love to be put together-sometimes casually, sometimes dressy. Even when I dress "down", I like a little bling or embellishment, eyeliner, a light pink/peach blush, and I am set. I went through a period in my life when I just did not care.Thankfully, those days are history. At the end of the day, It's all about how YOU feel.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖