Honored Contributor

“UPPING” MY STAY AROUND/RUN ERRANDS LOOK

I have to admit, I've been feeling a little sloppy on days I have nothing special planned. When clearing out my closet, I delegated my older jeans, tees and sweaters to my "at home" pile. I stopped putting on any makeup on days I wasn't sure I had to run errands.

As the huge sales started, I purchased some inexpensive jeans more boyfriend/girlfriend style for comfort and a few nice longer cardigan sweaters to wear over my tees to be warm in the house minus the old sweatshirt look. 

A little blush and pink gloss makes me feel brighter and ready to start the day. 

When DH came home for dinner last night, he noticed immediately and asked if I went out to lunch or stayed in as planned. 

A few small changes, but I feel like I made an effort for myself. 

Honored Contributor

Re: “UPPING” MY STAY AROUND/RUN ERRANDS LOOK

@Shanus wrote:

I have to admit, I've been feeling a little sloppy on days I have nothing special planned. When clearing out my closet, I delegated my older jeans, tees and sweaters to my "at home" pile. I stopped putting on any makeup on days I wasn't sure I had to run errands.

As the huge sales started, I purchased some inexpensive jeans more boyfriend/girlfriend style for comfort and a few nice longer cardigan sweaters to wear over my tees to be warm in the house minus the old sweatshirt look. 

A little blush and pink gloss makes me feel brighter and ready to start the day. 

When DH came home for dinner last night, he noticed immediately and asked if I went out to lunch or stayed in as planned. 

A few small changes, but I feel like I made an effort for myself. 

I know what you mean, I like to be comfortable at home, but I realized I was starting to look like I didn't care. I just got a leopard sweatshirt from Macy's , it's comfortable, but cute. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Good for you. Do you feel better about yourself, too w/ such a small change?

Respected Contributor

How nice that your husband noticed!

Honored Contributor

I retired close to a year ago.  The one thing I still do is get up, do my workout, immediately shower, do makeup/hair, and get dressed as usual.  I told myself I would not let myself go and stop caring how I look.  So far/so good.

The rest of my life sucks, but at least I look good.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Good for you. Do you feel better about yourself, too w/ such a small change?

@Shanus ,I really do. You are so right about the lip gloss, and sometimes I spritz on alittle cologne

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Now why does this topic remind me of that 1964 Jack Jones song "Wives and Lovers"? LOL (just kidding)

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 I'm with you on that song..........the words always Hit A Note with me. A real message in the words & I took a lesson from it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Trinity11 I'm with you on that song..........the words always Hit A Note with me. A real message in the words & I took a lesson from it.

My mom was fascinated with that song and took it literally. She was always telling me that how you looked meant more than anything else to a man. I taught my daughter the antithesis of that statement and thankfully, she has done well in life without the restrictive "rules" a woman was given back in those days.

Honored Contributor

I have to dress up everyday for work so I love the weekends when I can be more casual and go without make-up.  

If I am going to be running errands on the weekends like banking, grocery shopping, etc., I often throw a baseball hat on, athleisure wear and go.  I always have mascara, gloss and my eyebrows done.  My DH actually prefers me with less make-up.  I don't look sloppy, just casual.

If I am doing regular shopping, going to lunch, etc., I get full face ready, do my hair and wear jeans and a nicer top.